Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2019 11:38:11 PM EDT
Found the site on the web but don't know much about them. Are they OK to buy from. I find a lot of parts on GB but think most are old worn out junk.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 11:49:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Good to go. I've bought plenty of HK parts from them.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 11:53:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I have bought a bunch of stuff from them over the years. They are A+.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 12:02:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Fine to deal with.  But stick to the items only they have, the common stuff will be cheaper elsewhere.

Watch the shipping charges.  Their algorithm does weird things and it can be cheaper to break orders up.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 12:04:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Fast shipping but pricey.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 12:37:11 AM EDT
[#5]
They are gtg but expensive.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 1:05:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fine to deal with.  But stick to the items only they have, the common stuff will be cheaper elsewhere.

Watch the shipping charges.  Their algorithm does weird things and it can be cheaper to break orders up.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 1:11:45 AM EDT
[#7]
might want to consider rtg as well.  They can be 50% cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 4:25:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 5:27:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is all true.  Ive found things there I wanted to buy but ended up getting cheaper somewhere else.  I have also bought things from them that I couldn't find anywhere else and they were top notch.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 8:59:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I've bought a lot from them...never an issue.   Gucci prices for Gucci guns.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Haven't bought a whole bunch of stuff from them, but they're good to go for sure.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 11:40:07 AM EDT
[#12]
I spent thousands with hkparts.

BUT the last few orders got messed up from wrong/missing items. They fixed it but it was a pita.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Great variety and quality and service but outrageous prices. I was kinda shocked but not really when I read an article from Adam Webber’s trial, he made $10 million from 2007-10.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 9:52:19 PM EDT
[#14]
The will deliver what they promise but can be quite expensive.

Check Brownells first.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 12:54:22 AM EDT
[#15]
RTG has better prices and some better parts.
CS is lacking.
Parts are expensive.
But, if only they have it?
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 1:37:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Bought from RTG and HK parts. Both good to go.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 9:23:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The will deliver what they promise but can be quite expensive.

Check Brownells first.
View Quote
+1000

They have always done me right but very expensive prices.

Their item descriptions can be a bit dramatic to go with the price.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#18]
100%.

I don't mind spending money on parts.  And I don't mind spending a ton for a part I need, and they have.  And I like talking to someone who knows the product.

What I do mind is getting killed, crushed, abused, disrespected on shipping.

But like a battered wife, I just keep coming back thinking things are going to be different the next time.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 3:57:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same experience for me.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 3:25:43 AM EDT
[#20]
I’ve bought plenty from them with no issues.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 1:35:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
X2
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#22]
They are usually good to go, however I have been disappointed at the number of low quality Bailey parts showing up in their offerings.  Often I think the product descriptions are vague or downright wrong.

In August I bought an FBI UMP lower from them that was labeled all German, a few weeks after my purchase  they changed the description (but kept the same URL and product number, in fact most of the reciews on the page are of the German part) to say it was a US/German part with US parts being made by GSG9.  I was specifically buying from them because it was an all German part for an all German USC/UMP.

That lower (https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/German-US-Made-Safe-Semi-UMP-Lower-2-Position-193p590.htm)  has been nothing but trouble.  It's weak mag release spring drops mags on accident constantly and it's trigger stops resetting after firing a magazine.

I buy from HKparts because they have stuff  that nobody else has and I have confidence it will be genuine HK.  This experience had ruined that.  I called and they argued with me and stated that the discription was correct when I purchased it.  After discussing it with her supervisor, the CS rep backed off that claim and offered to knock the price down to what the US made part is selling for.  $30 cheaper for a garbage product, and although the price has been changed on my order history it has never been reflected on my Visa statement.

Long story short, make sure you know what they are selling you.  They can be vague or flat out wrong on parts description/origin.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#23]
G2G in the sense that you'll get a part when you order it. However, their prices are outrageous and their business practices are very shady. Just Google Adam Webber.

While you'll get part when you order it, I'm also not confident you'll get what you think you're buying. Read what Robert at RTG has to say about them.
https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/Useful-Links-d6.htm

Buying from them would be a last resort for me. Unfortunately they do have some things that no one else has and that's the only time I'd buy from them.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:17:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
G2G in the sense that you'll get a part when you order it. However, their prices are outrageous and their business practices are very shady. Just Google Adam Webber.

While you'll get part when you order it, I'm also not confident you'll get what you think you're buying. Read what Robert at RTG has to say about them.
https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/Useful-Links-d6.htm

Buying from them would be a last resort for me. Unfortunately they do have some things that no one else has and that's the only time I'd buy from them.
View Quote
Robert at RTG is awesome, great products and prices.  Another good guy is Ben at Gatewood Supply.  Mostly used stuff, but very responsive and fair pricing/honest descriptions.  I can't tell you how many times I've bought something from them and received a better product than described.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 9:29:49 PM EDT
[#25]
All I can say is that I ordered the parts this past Monday, which was a holiday.  I received the email notice once they shipped that my package would be here on Friday.  It arrived a day early...I'm pleased and satisfied.  I know once it leaves their hands they can't control it much, but between them and priority shipping it's great.  I'd consider them again if I ever need goodies for my rifle!
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 10:52:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
All I can say is that I ordered the parts this past Monday, which was a holiday.  I received the email notice once they shipped that my package would be here on Friday.  It arrived a day early...
View Quote
I placed two orders with HKparts.net six days ago.  Neither order has shipped yet.  I guess I should call them tomorrow and get an update on both orders.

I placed an order with HK USA for a hard to find UMP part two days ago.  The part was listed as back ordered, but the customer service rep kept me on the phone while he worked with another rep to find the part for me.  The part shipped yesterday and is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Long story short, make sure you know what they are selling you.  They can be vague or flat out wrong on parts description/origin.
View Quote
yep, but that's the way of HK parts, they don't make them anymore and once they run out its US made stuff OR super expensive german stuff second hand.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 7:48:27 AM EDT
[#28]
I got defective parts from them and they gave no fucks.  I only buy from them if I can't find the parts anywhere else.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 11:04:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Bought stuff from RTG and Gatewood Supply who have both been excellent. I haven’t bought anything from HKParts yet.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 8:33:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, I made my first order with HKPARTS. Ordered a MP5 clipped and pinned trigger housing. Left 2 messages on 2 separate days to ask them if it will fit a PTR 9ct. Never got a response or call back. No big deal. However, I got my package today and they sent me a beautiful housing for the MP5K. Not going to work.

Tried to leave another message but the message box is now full. So shipping times are good, order fulfillment not so much, communication so far non existent.

While I’m sure they’ll make it right when I finally get in touch, this kind of stuff is frustrating.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 9:00:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Last week I ordered an 4 US part ambi trigger pack with a normal style trigger and some other stuff. They sent me the same pack but with the straight blade trigger instead.

Its $10 more for the flat trigger pack so I came out ahead but I hate the trigger and its $25 for the normal trigger if I am to replace it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 9:08:59 PM EDT
[#32]
I think the wife is struggling to run the biz while Adam is doing his time. She sent me the wrong hand guard the other day and then sent a shipping label to ship it back while she sent me out the correct one. When she received the return package back she e-mailed me and said "what is this for? I told it was a return and you sent me out the correct one already. She said oh ok. thanks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 9:15:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Hkparts and RTG are both gtg
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I think the wife is struggling to run the biz while Adam is doing his time. She sent me the wrong hand guard the other day and then sent a shipping label to ship it back while she sent me out the correct one. When she received the return package back she e-mailed me and said "what is this for? I told it was a return and you sent me out the correct one already. She said oh ok. thanks.
View Quote
I can believe that. I just got an email from her today saying HKparts emailed or called me to confirm I wanted the flat trigger ambi pack because the curved trigger is out of stock. I never received an email, I never received a phone call, and the curved trigger ambi pack is still showing as in stock on their website.
I already installed the trigger pack so returning it isn't an option but trying to source an ambi trigger is pretty much impossible it seems. There seems to be a slight trigger geometry difference in the back end of the trigger bow between ambi and SEF but I cannot find any info if I can just swap a SEF trigger in there instead.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 3:29:43 PM EDT
[#35]
If it’s standard HK parts just call HK prices are much less than at HKparts.net
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top