Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:44:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its a good gun for wenches and remfs.

Only the Americsns get really excited about it.The MP5s were mostly worn out and along with the 416,it was time for something new.
View Quote

I can envision a tactical use for this specialized weapon:

Since they suppress well and are flat-shooting, they’re probably just the ticket for “Authorized Personnel” making suppressed headshots at varying distances. “Stopping power” doesn’t matter much when you hit ‘em in the noggin, and that BB-sized bullet will do that job just fine.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:47:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I can envision a tactical use for this specialized weapon:

Since they suppress well and are flat-shooting, they’re probably just the ticket for “Authorized Personnel” making suppressed headshots at varying distances. “Stopping power” doesn’t matter much when you hit ‘em in the noggin, and that BB-sized bullet will do that job just fine.
View Quote

It's a controllable, compact, accurate bullethose with modern ergonomics that works well against soft armor. Not much utility in a form available to us civis, but that can be said for a lot of other weapons.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:26:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's really not going to matter much,because by the time a PDW is needed,its all gone to fuck and your rear position is being over run.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
It's really not going to matter much,because by the time a PDW is needed,its all gone to fuck and your rear position is being over run.
That's a bleak outlook.

What about offensive use, like when you're the armored vehicle driver and you want to dismount and get in the back of the stack with the rest of the entry team?

MP5K because I have no knowledge of the B&T gun you mentioned.
B&T's MP9 is 9mm and simply a modern production of Steyr's old TMP. The trigger sucks, and they have peculiarities regarding suppression, but otherwise compare very favorably to the MP7 (if one wants a 9mm). They have great holster options as well.

I like my MP5K but the Eagle Industries thigh holster for it isn't ideal.
Eagle's shoulder rig is nice for concealment under a jacket however. (The MP7 and TP9-N are both lighter though.)

As a rumor I have heard the MP7 lacks terminal performance but really as I said above,its a wench/remf/ staff officer gun.
Yeah that gets mentioned often in discussions, but like Stahlgewehr762 said above, shoot 'em in the face, or be ready to dump half a mag into their unarmored torso. At least the shot placement will be easy.

All 3 of these guns are the kind of weapon made for people who will only carry one gun, and need to wear it like a pistol because their primary responsibilities do not involve firing small arms.
Assuming one can bring it to bear fast enough, the performance once deployed is superior to a pistol, and that's precisely why PDWs exist.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:11:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 4:05:23 AM EDT
[#6]
@AZgunner, I'm like you, I'd love to own one one day. Too bad it will never happen.

For those that might be interested, James Williamson at Teufelshund Tactical has a great video on the MP7. Worth watching.

Teufelshund Tactical Heckler and Koch MP7 and MP7A1 Armorer and Operator Review
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Another good vid

If you've ever lusted after an HK that you know you have a snowballs chance in hell of owning...go ahead and hit that subscribe button
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:00:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Tommy tactical had plans to bring up a clone version. But I inquired late last year, with how atf approval will be like with this administration and the current issues he's facing with them. It's seems like it's dead sadly...
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 9:54:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Bump for more MP7 pics, stories, and info.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 8:16:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I have shot one here in the USA.
It is a gun that lived up to the hype for me.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/28/2021 4:16:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Has anyone talked to TommyBuilt lately about any updates to his plans on a clone?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder if a mini uzi bolt would even come close to cycling 22tcm, and would said 22tcm function in am uzi mag. Might be an option for a "clone", yes not the right caliber, and not curved mags but hey you take what you can get.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:29:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Curious model name.  After seeing the picture, my first question is do you have to squeeze the pistol grip, to cock it?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:40:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I rented the MP7, B&T MP9, and FN P90 at a full auto rental range in Miami a few years ago.

MP7 was incredibly smooth and easy to fire.

B&T MP9 was almost as smooth as the MP7 (85%) despite being a pound lighter and firing 9mm, likely due to the ergonomics and rotating barrel.

FN P90 had low recoil, but the repeated bolt impacts into the end of the stock caused a bit of muzzle climb.

All were easier for me to control then a MP5 that I had rented earlier.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Has anyone talked to TommyBuilt lately about any updates to his plans on a clone?
View Quote

Biden election put it on ice. He is probably busy fixing the T36 receivers anyway.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 12:40:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Biden election put it on ice. He is probably busy fixing the T36 receivers anyway.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too bad. I'd be all over a TommyBuilt MP7, even at the likely very high price tag it would command.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 1:06:42 AM EDT
[#17]
A good friend has one here in CA of all places, it is an amazing firearm. I’ve been lucky to handle it several times, it doesn’t disappoint.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top