Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2021 2:17:30 PM EDT
I've got plenty of 7.62 x 51 ammo but found some Hirtenberger Patronen 7.62x51 146gr for sale. In these crazy times I am considering buying some to pad my stack.  My particular G3K seems to shoot 150gr ammo very well.  Would this ammo be a good performer in my SBR'd HK?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:33:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have a G3, but anything in the M80 ball range works great in my CETME.  I actually shot it for accuracy with 175gr FGGM once and it patterned, it didn't group.  I started shooting balls-cheap 147gr ball and it tightened up to 2moa or so.  And I gave fewer fucks that the brass ended up balled up and in the next county somewhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top