Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2018 9:19:57 PM EDT
Anyone know who can do some repair to a 3 lug barrel?

about 15 years ago I had a MP5/10 built.  At the time my state didn't allow SBR or suppressors.  Now we can have both.  When the gun was built they added an extension and then pinned and welded it.  Well they not only welded over the pins but also welded it to the back of 2 of the 3 lugs.  I got the pins out and the extension off (yes approve form 1 before the surgery) but there is some residual material on 2 of the lugs especially on the back.  I have a griffin mount for the 10/.40 and it goes on but because 2 of the lugs aren't "square" at the back with the one that wasn't welded I am pretty sure the alignment is going to be off.  I can't check it yet because the can is still in jail, well I guess I can go over and take the gun and see and thinking about it that's the best plan, but 99% sure the alignment is going to be off as there is about 1/16ish inch material on the back of the one lug, less on the other but almost plus I know its not square to the bore because of the buildup and one that is perfect.

I don't really want to rebarrel as the barrel was brand new HK when I had it built and probably has 1000ish rounds through it.

So back to the question.  Anyone qualified to do the milling work to correct the now out of spec lugs?

ETA;  After screwing around with the mount it appears that the spacer actually aligns the suppressor off the barrel and the front of the lugs which if that's the case it might not matter as much as I think but still would like to get it back to spec.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 1:43:34 AM EDT
[#1]
If your gun is a factory HK receiver (they only work on HKs) I would highly recommend TSC (Tactical Supply Company), I've had 3 HK conversions done by them in the last year. All the work, including barrel, 3 lug, remarking, and refinishing was outstanding and to HK spec.
Also, I have no direct experience with but would highly recommend TPM Outfitters. Check out the websites for both. At TSC, Mike Woodward will likely answer the phone if you happen to call, and will give detailed explanation of any questions you have.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 1:44:34 AM EDT
[#2]
TPM Outfitters in Carrollton Texas. Thank me later.....
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 1:45:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If your gun is a factory HK receiver (they only work on HKs) I would highly recommend TSC (Tactical Supply Company), I've had 3 HK conversions done by them in the last year. All the work, including barrel, 3 lug, remarking, and refinishing was outstanding and to HK spec.
Also, I have no direct experience with but would highly recommend TPM Outfitters. Check out the websites for both. At TSC, Mike Woodward will likely answer the phone if you happen to call, and will give detailed explanation of any questions you have.
View Quote
Quoted:
TPM Outfitters in Carrollton Texas. Thank me later.....
View Quote
Holy Crap! Beat by an even minute!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 10:32:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Great minds think alike
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#5]
M60joe can do it w/o removing the barrel or the need of refinishing.

Saying that it sounds like you could clean it up with a file
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks all for the suggestions
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Another vote for Mike @ TSC. He is the best. Proper barrel profiles are one of his specialties.

Mike has converted two HK94s into MP5 spec sear hosts for me (one a "French" the other a Navy). He installed my Fleming sear into a 4-pos trigger pack. He installed a paddle mag release in an SP5k and clipped & pinned 4 housing for me (much cleaner than other vendors). He also converted an HK91 to most current G3 specs as a sear host as well.

Seriously, I cannot say enough good things about Mike, Tammy & Dale
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top