Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2022 7:21:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 7:56:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Terrible IMO. It even looks like a Brillo Pad. If you love your brain housing group - 4D Pads
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 8:03:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Ever wonder if there’s a bug or small ant crawling around your dome?
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 8:20:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Terrible IMO. It even looks like a Brillo Pad.
View Quote

Well...if you haven't used them...

I was going to try them, but the price is too rich for my blood. Looks like airflow would be the shiznit. The stock pads are real nice, and you get two thicknesses, so you can adjust NOD height - these are 1 set, pick one thickness.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well...if you haven't used them...
I was going to try them, but the price is too rich for my blood. Looks like airflow would be the shiznit. The stock pads are real nice, and you get two thicknesses, so you can adjust NOD height - these are 1 set, pick one thickness.
View Quote

Well Mick, I actually tried one on during an exercise. A guy there had the HHV helmet. I guess that going from anything w 4D Pads in it, to others just doesn't hold a candle.
I agree its insane that foam padding for a helmet shouldnt exceed 2 figures. They must know that once you wear them for an hour, you'll be hooked for good!
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well Mick, I actually tried one on during an exercise. A guy there had the HHV helmet. I guess that going from anything w 4D Pads in it, to others just doesn't hold a candle.
I agree its insane that foam padding for a helmet shouldnt exceed 2 figures. They must know that once you wear them for an hour, you'll be hooked for good!
View Quote

Sorry, I took the "IMO" literally, it didn't read like you tried them. Yes, too expensive (relative to salary, I guess) for me - for pads. Stock ones are really nice - 7 hours straight so far, and G2G.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 9:50:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sorry, I took the "IMO" literally, it didn't read like you tried them. Yes, too expensive (relative to salary, I guess) for me - for pads. Stock ones are really nice - 7 hours straight so far, and G2G.
View Quote

No apology needed my friend. I have a ton of pads in ziplock bags if you'd like any? Send me an email and I'll send you pics. If they'd work for you just the shipping cost is fine.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#7]
These look interesting, but us bald farts might have some interesting patterning after prolonged use.  :)
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 4:27:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Down here with 110*+ temps I am interested but been waiting on seeing some positive reviews on them.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 2:12:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Terrible IMO. It even looks like a Brillo Pad. If you love your brain housing group - 4D Pads
View Quote

I have 3 sets of 4D pads. I live in SE TX. It’s hot. HOT. And HUMID.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 1:35:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a set that I was playing around with before heading back out to the island for work. They are surprisingly comfortable. It kind a dual layer setup. The outer layer is not as densely woven as the inner layer, so there's plenty of play and flexibility. The inner layer is much more densely woven so that has a firmer give. They are made of a very soft feeling rubbery plastic, so its not scratching your head up. They also includes a sweatband if you don't want the weave pattern imbedded in your skin. They have 2 different thicknesses that you can order, that might take some trial and error. I think to have a set include both thickness is the better idea, but they want to make money. They feel damn comfortable, how well they will handle impacts is still unknown.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:23:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have a set that I was playing around with before heading back out to the island for work. They are surprisingly comfortable. It kind a dual layer setup. The outer layer is not as densely woven as the inner layer, so there's plenty of play and flexibility. The inner layer is much more densely woven so that has a firmer give. They are made of a very soft feeling rubbery plastic, so its not scratching your head up. They also includes a sweatband if you don't want the weave pattern imbedded in your skin. They have 2 different thicknesses that you can order, that might take some trial and error. I think to have a set include both thickness is the better idea, but they want to make money. They feel damn comfortable, how well they will handle impacts is still unknown.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/355044/D6A2BAF2-A8CF-4549-9D02-75FB9CED0C30_jpe-2481308.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/355044/A337BA5D-C20E-4E04-9B96-0C60B7D67A99_jpe-2481309.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/355044/CF70D9F3-FB8C-4F88-90D1-A61FC8F94FFA_jpe-2481310.JPG
View Quote

Thank you. I don’t care about the pattern being imbedded in my forehead. I wasn’t winning beauty contests before this…
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same same.

4D pads are great even in 90 degree weather with 100% humidity. Can confirm. Try to enjoy the breezes when they come otherwise just stay hydrated and suck it up.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 1:38:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Same same.

4D pads are great even in 90 degree weather with 100% humidity. Can confirm. Try to enjoy the breezes when they come otherwise just stay hydrated and suck it up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same same.

If I can increase airflow for only a small softness penalty, I think it might be worth it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If I can increase airflow for only a small softness penalty, I think it might be worth it.
View Quote

Gotcha. I realize I misread your initial post.

I personally have no issues with the 4D pads. But I do use a TW bump specifically without a cover to maximize airflow through it.

I’d like to try these but it would take a lot for me to go for these over 4D pads
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I personally have no issues with the 4D pads. But I do use a TW bump specifically without a cover to maximize airflow through it.

I’d like to try these but it would take a lot for me to go for these over 4D pads
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

4D are the best for comfort (softness/hold their shape) out of anything I’ve tried.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
These look interesting, but us bald farts might have some interesting patterning after prolonged use.  :)
View Quote

Get some good dome exfoliation with those!
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 11:55:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Like I said, they are a very soft rubber like material, no exfoliating will occur when wearing these. Maybe some pulled hairs and whatnot. I don't know how they printed these out, but they are really cool. Just need to find the right configuration to fit my gigantic dome in my helmets.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:06:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I would question the durability of these when compared to a more standard type pad having a fabric shell. I could see where these lattes connections could be torn or start to  break after repeated on/off, getting caught on the buckles etc.   All pads need to be replaced after a while but at what cost?

I like the concept but agree, it's a lot of cash for rubber coming out of a 3D printer.

Time will tell.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:37:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I would question the durability of these when compared to a more standard type pad having a fabric shell. I could see where these lattes connections could be torn or start to  break after repeated on/off, getting caught on the buckles etc.   All pads need to be replaced after a while but at what cost?

I like the concept but agree, it's a lot of cash for rubber coming out of a 3D printer.

Time will tell.
View Quote

That’s one of the reasons I haven’t bought any yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top