BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 5:20:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can confirm, she's quiet. Although, can't say I'm a fan of the EGW base. It's a bit taller than I was wanting.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51313338320_a594beb921_k.jpg
View Quote

Try the Ranger Point Precision version.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Can confirm, she's quiet. Although, can't say I'm a fan of the EGW base. It's a bit taller than I was wanting.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51313338320_a594beb921_k.jpg
View Quote
I'm waiting for my direct thread adapter to arrive for my Obsidian 9. How's the weight with it?

@joesrcool
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It has a transfer bar safety in the hammer.

Do you have any trouble with feeding .38 spl? Mine will occasionally not pick a round up, but with .357 it is flawless
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Picked up the rifle Monday, got the thread adapter for my can in the mail today. I can see the stock sights over the can, so that's nice.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14121/PXL_20210424_000322012_jpg-1916423.JPG

Adding: Gotta say, it's interesting that it has no safety mechanism. Oh well.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/ThisIsMySafety-137.jpg

It has a transfer bar safety in the hammer.

Do you have any trouble with feeding .38 spl? Mine will occasionally not pick a round up, but with .357 it is flawless

I got one in 44 magnum a month or so ago.  I was skeptical about the tube feed (I’m a Rossi and old marlin fan) but I have to say i like it at the range.  I guess I should contact Henry because the trigger on mine feels like the safety is on when I try to pull the trigger.  Maybe a 10 pound pull?  Other than that, it is great, now time to get into the nfa game (should have done that years ago).

Edit: thinking about adding a Rossi black in 357 to the stable.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's mine.  With 158gr factory 38spl and the 20" barrel.  Most of the time its subsonic.  Every now and then they'll go super.  First shot I ever shot was so quiet we thought it was a squib and we spent 5 minutes tearing things apart and poking the barrel with a cleaning rod.

Henry .357 mag all weather suppressed
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:25:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm waiting for my direct thread adapter to arrive for my Obsidian 9. How's the weight with it?

@joesrcool
View Quote

Weight was not bad at all. The Henry has a chunky barrel as is, and it really didn't feel all that different. Can is still in jail, so I only got to play with it a bit at the range that day.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 10:18:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's a short video running some .38 special through the Obsidian 9. Sorry, the range was pretty noisy that day, but you get an idea for what it sounds like. Can is still in jail so it's the only range I can use.

Link Posted: 7/23/2021 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Here's a short video running some .38 special through the Obsidian 9. Sorry, the range was pretty noisy that day, but you get an idea for what it sounds like. Can is still in jail so it's the only range I can use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K1EToqSIEA
View Quote
So my direct thread adapters showed up and now my Obsidians have permanent homes on the Henry X rifles. The weight isn't bad at all. Now to build a bench, mount my press and make some .38 and .44 specials.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 1:34:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So my direct thread adapters showed up and now my Obsidians have permanent homes on the Henry X rifles. The weight isn't bad at all. Now to build a bench, mount my press and make some .38 and .44 specials.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K1EToqSIEA

405 grain Beartooth .44

Shooting 400gr Subsonic Ammo in my Marlin Dark 44 Magnum Levergun
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I really want one of these. I'm hoping to trade my WIN94 for one.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Fixed the tall red dot issue by doing a Phoenix Weaponry direct RMR mount. Still just a bit too high to co-witness, but no more chin weld. Word of caution, since the mount is 6061 aluminum, it's quite soft, and 10in/lbs will strip the threads right out. They were kind enough to swap it out and advised "snug" was sufficient.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 1:29:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Tomorrow I'm picking up a Big Boy side gate .44mag rifle. Can't wait to get it home. I'm finding that I want a "Long Ranger" in .223 with sights, too. No idea why, but damnit I'll have one.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top