Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
10/30/2020 2:42:12 PM
Posted: 11/19/2020 4:35:12 PM EST
is this a known problem? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a fix?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 5:01:48 PM EST
Contact Wilcox yet? They fixed some stuff I had.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 5:14:49 PM EST
No, but that’s a good idea
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 5:22:09 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:
View Quote

Or is it....? LOL

Sorry bro couldn't resist
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 5:25:35 PM EST
Originally Posted By will-1:

Or is it....? LOL

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By will-1:
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

Or is it....? LOL

Link Posted: 11/19/2020 7:36:45 PM EST
I had a Steiner ITAL shut off under recoil. I had to send it in and they fixed it. Maybe it s a similar issue.  Hopefully Wilcox will treat you right.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 7:40:04 PM EST
Does it shut off completely, or flicker? Maybe the battery cap isn't on tight enough
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 9:51:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/20/2020 9:53:32 AM EST by lilMAC25]
Originally Posted By tlandoe07:
Does it shut off completely, or flicker? Maybe the battery cap isn't on tight enough
View Quote

Shuts off completely and snaps back on when I hit the laser button. I pulled the cap and ever so gently stretched the spring, then tightened it back down.

I’m hoping this fixes it. If I have a real issue, I doubt Wilcox warranties it as it’s “obsolete”.

OTOH, maybe I’ll get a RAID-X out of it if they don’t.

ETA: I’m hoping to go out hunting tonight, so maybe I’ll get a chance to test it out.

It turned off on the shots on both of the following trash pandas.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:28:56 AM EST
Sounds kind of stupid but did you try another fresh battery? I had a similar issue with one, I replaced the battery and it worked 100%. It’s probably not the issue but worth a try for maybe a simple fix.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:28:00 AM EST
Originally Posted By great308:
Sounds kind of stupid but did you try another fresh battery? I had a similar issue with one, I replaced the battery and it worked 100%. It’s probably not the issue but worth a try for maybe a simple fix.
View Quote

I didn’t, but I’ll change it before I go out tonight.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:01:03 AM EST
Well, maybe a similar issue for your consideration.  The earlier OTAL's from Laser Products(?) had a batt bounce issue which caused the damn thing to go out under recoil.  Usually right in the middle of a string of fire at a formal class.  You had to find a damn o-ring that would tighten shit up in there.  Shades of earlier EOTechs.  Kinda find it strange that a high-end deal like Wilcox would have this issue.  Not throwing shade, OP, just you usually expect better from something they charge an arm and leg for.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 4:15:02 PM EST
Originally Posted By Diz:
Well, maybe a similar issue for your consideration.  The earlier OTAL's from Laser Products(?) had a batt bounce issue which caused the damn thing to go out under recoil.  Usually right in the middle of a string of fire at a formal class.  You had to find a damn o-ring that would tighten shit up in there.  Shades of earlier EOTechs.  Kinda find it strange that a high-end deal like Wilcox would have this issue.  Not throwing shade, OP, just you usually expect better from something they charge an arm and leg for.
View Quote

Well, I paid like $450, so...

Either way, Wilcox says the LAM is out of warranty. They want me to send it in so that they can assess the issue, then tell me what I’ll owe em.

I really don’t think I’m gonna be sending it in.

The O-Ring is a damn good idea. I’ll probably order an assortment from Amazon.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 8:24:57 PM EST
Shove some aluminum foil in there and call it a day.

Or if you want to do it fancy, some small washers
Top Top