Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2023 8:55:24 PM EDT
Hey all,

Weird goal of mine: I have a Helios QD, a CGS tapered barrel adapter, and a criterion core 10.5 300blk.

Several people say that the Helios QD performs better when the muzzle is as close to the blast baffle as possible. The CGS taper adapter has a ton of ID clearance (i.e. there's no material for the crown of the barrel to touch).

I'm wanting to chop the barrel, add a tapered shoulder, thread the barrel, and make a "mini-reflex suppressor" effect by having the threads and shoulder offset from the end of the barrel.

In other words, I want tapered shoulder, threads, and then an unthreaded section that extends past the threads by just less than an inch

I have reached out to trajectory arms, d.wilson, BSDworx, going to call Adco tomorrow. Any other gunsmiths you recommend to try and unconventional project? Kinda hard to shift through quality gunsmiths and "gun smifs" via Google.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:56:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top