Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2022 7:30:51 AM EDT
I want to get my barrel cut, crowned, threaded, sight relocated, muzzle device pinned and refinished as necessary. I am not sure who to send it to. Adco, class 3 machining nor my local source will take it on. I found one guy through gunbroker that said he does most of that work but I want to see if anyone has source before I roll the dice with an unknown. I want it done correctly the first time. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 10:50:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 10:52:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Clark Custom Guns

336 Shootout Lane
Princeton, LA 71067

(318) 949-9884
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:17:37 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Looks like they are closed for a few days. I’ll see what they say when back open.

Quoted:
Clark Custom Guns

336 Shootout Lane
Princeton, LA 71067

(318) 949-9884
View Quote

They are only a few miles away from me but unless something has changed I don’t think they like to do that kind of work. I spoke with them on doing a little work years ago and while they said they would do it their quote said they didn’t want to. I don’t think it’s their bread and butter.

Thank you for both of the suggestions.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:12:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I think this guy is still doing them.

http://www.thearmsroom.com/id2.html

I would stay the fuck away from accuracy systems, they are expensive and most of their products are shitty snake oil marketed to boomers.  I bought one of their gas blocks which was out of spec causing short strokes and asked for a refund, those assholes told me to pound sand
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:23:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Is there anyone who can drill and tap the receiver on a later model one to take the Ruger rail that comes with newer guns? I have one that I think was year ahead of when they started coming with rails.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 6:54:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would stay the fuck away from accuracy systems, they are expensive and most of their products are shitty snake oil marketed to boomers.  I bought one of their gas blocks which was out of spec causing short strokes and asked for a refund, those assholes told me to pound sand
View Quote

Interesting. Thank you for the link.

It says on his page he’s a moderator here in the shotgun forum.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 11:28:46 PM EDT
[#7]
JP Grips does nice quality work out of MN.

https://www.jpgrips.com/order/p/rugermini14
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 9:04:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I had ASI do a trigger job on my Mini and have bought parts and accessories from them.   Trigger job was as advertised, and the parts and accessories the same.  Prices and labor charges were reasonable, IMHO.  Can't speak to problems with the gas block, but they sell a lot of them, and this is the first time I've heard of a user complaint.  I don't doubt out-of-spec issues happen.  Perhaps some more detail might be useful, and maybe the issue can be resolved.

They do some refinishing, but I suggest the OP simply Cerakote his rifle himself and save some money.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 1:19:17 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/4/2022 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I talked to the JP trigger guy originally. I found him by chance through ad on gunbroker while doing a parts search. He seemed like a nice and knowledgeable guy but I knew and still know nothing about him.

I spoke with the arms room guy after the suggestion here. He was also a nice guy. He asked me to send him an email with information on everything I want done and he would get back with me with price and shipping information. I never heard back from him and have not chased it. The main downside for me with him is that he doesn’t offer bluing only moly coat.

I didn’t call Accuracy systems because of multiple “stay away from” post in several searches.

I’ve been busy and have not touched or thought much about it the past week or so. I was partially waiting on my gunbroker flash hider to arrive. I received it today but as my luck goes I also found one in a “junk” box at a gun show for $5. I have never seen one in the wild that I know of and of course after I send a $60 payment off for one I find a cheap one.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I have 2 Mini's that have ASI barrels on them.  Both came back as described on their website.  One is a conservative barrel and the other is a custom heavy barrel.   Yes, they are a bit pricey but machines and people cost money to hire and maintain.  I am considering sending one more to them for one of their barrels.  I have other projects that take priority so doing a 3rd barrel is on hold.  Both the rifles shoot so much better after their return than before they left.  

kwg
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have 2 Mini's that have ASI barrels on them.  Both came back as described on their website.  One is a conservative barrel and the other is a custom heavy barrel.   Yes, they are a pricey but machines and people cost money to hire and maintain.  I am considering sending one more to them for one of their barrels.  I have other projects that take priority so doing a 3rd barrel is on hold.  Both the rifles shoot so much better after their return than before they left.  

kwg
View Quote
kwg020 is a respected poster on many Mini-related forums.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top