Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2020 10:28:22 PM EDT
Planning on a 6 x 1.5 tube, using the Griffin plan A adapter...
Host will be a 10.5” 5.56.
I’m not sure which muzzle device to go with: minimalist brake or flash hider, hammer comp, flashcomp...??

Which would work best for suppression/benefit the suppressor the most?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:41:31 PM EDT
[#1]
This one

You will thank me later
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive got a bunch of different griffin muzzle devices.  The brakes act as a sacrificial baffle which, at least on paper, can make your suppressor take less abuse.
This is the one I run on my shorty 5.56 galil ace with the 8" barrel.  https://www.griffinarmament.com/taper-mount-tactical-compensator/
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:03:22 PM EDT
[#3]
In a Form 1 you can rotate the baffles and adjust the blast chamber for decent spacing off the muzzle. So I’d go with a functional flash hider for when you shoot without the can and design for that (larger bore, fewer spaced baffles like a Turbo K, all heat treated 17-4 baffles, maybe even a flash hider front cap).  This is in recognizing that a 10.5” 5.56 will be loud anyway.  If it’s a .30 cal or larger can then the minimalist Turbo K arrangement is less than ideal.  Although the Sandman K and one of Rugged’s designs only have 3 baffles. Buy spare cones and spacers in case you screw a few up in fabrication.  

The Griffin XL adapter also lets you effectively lengthen the blast chamber for a little more weight and cost.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:08:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 12:18:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I use the flash comp with my Diversified Kit and it seems to work well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top