[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dang thats impressive
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#3]
That's bad ass. Two questions tho

Any damage to the gun and can I have a job just being the trigger man?
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 7:01:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks sweet! Which parts are SS and which are inconel?
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Lookin' good!

Not a light weight critter for sure, but no 1 pound can is gonna survive a 600 round belt through an M240.  Most rifle can tests I've seen fail catastrophically at about half that.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 7:41:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome video, thanks for sharing.  

Quoted:
Looks sweet! Which parts are SS and which are inconel?
View Quote

I too am curious where the inconel is and why it was chosen over other materials.  I own several of your 17-4 SS cans, AAC/YHM Inconel baffles, and a Rugged Stellite baffled can, it is always interesting to hear from the manufacturer why they chose what material for a given application.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 9:58:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Dang thats impressive
View Quote

Took the words out of my mouth.

Whatever happened to that YouTube channel that was blowing up cans on a 240?

Found it, looks like no new tests in the last year.

Putting "Full Auto Rated" Suppressors to the Test - Rex Silentium MGX - Part 1 - M240B Meltdown

Putting "Full Auto Rated" Suppressors to the Test - Dead Air Sandman S - Part 1 - M240B Meltdown

SUPPRESSOR MELTDOWN? 1,200+ Rounds of 7.62 NATO on an M240B - The CGS GPMG Suppressor
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:51:44 PM EDT
[#10]
As others have said, very impressive!
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 12:38:56 AM EDT
[#11]
My shoulder hurts from watching that.

Link Posted: 3/27/2023 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Daum!!!

Beast of a can.

Side note: this is what I need as a truck gun. Of course with api.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Well hell, just when I thought I was satisified with what I already have.,
ok, not true, but damn that was so cool.  very impressive.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 3:00:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It was our first foray into something for which there is little to no consumer market overlap.  The can would be impossible to damage with any shoulder fired magazine fed full auto platform.
View Quote

I feel as though I've been issued a challenge
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 3:12:01 AM EDT
[#18]
This really excites me. But, how many times can it do that? How fast does it cool? How long can I suppress an objective at a rapid and sustained rate after an opening cyclic burst?
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 8:41:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It was our first foray into something for which there is little to no consumer market overlap.  The can would be impossible to damage with any shoulder fired magazine fed full auto platform.
View Quote

Is it going to be available for retail sale?

ETA nevermind I see it now.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:30:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Crazy. The can didn't even start glowing until the very end.

Now lets see it on an MG42.  

Link Posted: 4/4/2023 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Crazy. The can didn't even start glowing until the very end.

Now lets see it on an MG42.  

View Quote

A heavy can has that benefit for heavy firing use especially if weight/thickness is put in the right place.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I feel as though I've been issued a challenge
View Quote

That was the same thing I initially thought
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Question for those who know.

I noticed in this video, and others, that you can really notice variation in the rof.

Why is this? I totally understand the can increasing the gas in the system, but why does it speed up slow down speed up, ext.... I would imagine it would be pretty static.

Unless its some sort of auditory hallucination on my end, but it sure seems like the rpm changes.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The suppressor is capable of all the things the FN 240B is rated for by the military.

It can do the 600rds cyclic (which is not a specified rate in the manual), as well as the two minutes at rapid 200rds/minute, and the ten minutes at 100rds/minute sustained prior to barrel change (in the unlikely event a barrel change is necessary).

It would be very unusual for the gun to be pushed beyond the published fire schedules, and detrimental to the continued safety and service life of the barrel.
View Quote
I'm curious.
How many barrels does a typical 240B gunner have on hand?   If this was to be fielded, would each of the barrels have its own suppressor attached?

Link Posted: 4/4/2023 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Typically there is a spare barrel or two for three total barrels per gun.  You will probably only see three barrels in a static position or vehicle.  Carried barrels would probably be a single spare.  Depending on the severity of the conflict, they may not be required at all.  It would probably make sense to have one can per barrel, but it is still nice for the gunner to be able to break the gun down for different purposes (mett-tc) without going into every contingency.

In nine years in the Infantry, I never saw a 240 go through more than 400rds in an engagement and never saw a barrel changed outside of training.  Most of the time a large part of 400 rds was simply unnecessary fire by guys who wanted to throw more rounds downrange (like a show of force).  I believe a ukd pop up qual involves at least 12 exposures out to 800meters, and gets fired with ~182rounds of ammunition.  In other words the std is engagement of 12 target exposures with 182 rounds.  So theoretically it should require 26 targets to require ~400rds of ammunition in an engagement with 15.16 rounds allotted per textbook engaged target.

On the variable rof, I some of the suppressors with coaxial chambers get overwhelmed with dwell pressure and start to increase backpressure and rof during an extended burst.  
View Quote
Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Link Posted: 4/4/2023 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Typically there is a spare barrel or two for three total barrels per gun.  You will probably only see three barrels in a static position or vehicle.  Carried barrels would probably be a single spare.  Depending on the severity of the conflict, they may not be required at all.  It would probably make sense to have one can per barrel, but it is still nice for the gunner to be able to break the gun down for different purposes (mett-tc) without going into every contingency.

In nine years in the Infantry, I never saw a 240 go through more than 400rds in an engagement and never saw a barrel changed outside of training.  Most of the time a large part of 400 rds was simply unnecessary fire by guys who wanted to throw more rounds downrange (like a show of force).  I believe a ukd pop up qual involves at least 12 exposures out to 800meters, and gets fired with ~182rounds of ammunition.  In other words the std is engagement of 12 target exposures with 182 rounds.  So theoretically it should require 26 targets to require ~400rds of ammunition in an engagement with 15.16 rounds allotted per textbook engaged target.

On the variable rof, I some of the suppressors with coaxial chambers get overwhelmed with dwell pressure and start to increase backpressure and rof during an extended burst.  

View Quote

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top