Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2022 9:19:37 AM EDT
I sent my Radian receiver to Tar Heels State Firearms a few days ago for SBR engraving.  I watched it on the UPS Tracker and got the confirmation that it arrived last night at around 6:30 CST.  I got an email from them this morning at 7:04 CST that my engraving was completed and they were shipping back to me and provided the UPS Tracking number.

WOW! I am a hard ass about expecting things to be completed promptly (of course... waiting on the ATF for NFA items drives me absolutely insane) ... Rarely am I pleased and almost never does anyone exceed my expectations.  Tar Heels exceeded my expectations.  They literally only had my lower for maybe an hour before completing the work and packing it up to ship it back out the door.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Great people, I'm lucky enough to be right down the street from them.  They've engraved both of my SBRs, I wouldn't change a thing.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#2]
THSF has done great work for me as well.
I would still use them but i have a local guy now so no shipping.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 9:57:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Another happy and repeat customer.  I've had them do a few orders of titanium tubes for form1 cans.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:09:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Always used Orion but might try Tar Heel next time
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Fantastic service from THSF. Sent a 10/22 receiver out on Saturday morning and got it back on Thursday!  Perfectly engraved.  I will definitely  send more business there way
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:04:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I sent my Radian receiver to Tar Heels State Firearms a few days ago for SBR engraving.  I watched it on the UPS Tracker and got the confirmation that it arrived last night at around 6:30 CST.  I got an email from them this morning at 7:04 CST that my engraving was completed and they were shipping back to me and provided the UPS Tracking number.

WOW! I am a hard ass about expecting things to be completed promptly (of course... waiting on the ATF for NFA items drives me absolutely insane) ... Rarely am I pleased and almost never does anyone exceed my expectations.  Tar Heels exceeded my expectations.  They literally only had my lower for maybe an hour before completing the work and packing it up to ship it back out the door.  
View Quote

Do they ship to you or it has to go to FFL guy ?
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:32:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Engraving is considered a repair, so it doesn’t have to come back through an FFL (unless there’s a state/local law that changes the situation).
View Quote

That's nice to know.. thank you.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Can they fix a fucked up DIY engraving?

Asking for a friend
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can they fix a fucked up DIY engraving?

Asking for a friend
View Quote
Depending on where and how deep, it could probably be 'window-paned' and re-engraved, however, there is some discussion of the law regarding 'modifying' manufacturer information so, you are likely in a 'grey area' of legality unless there is some new determination that hasn't flip-flopped like Form 1 suppressors recently.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:56:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought my APC9 Pro from them just to get it pre-engraved...and they did a fantastic job.  Nearly invisible, and super well done.  Blows people away when I point it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top