Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2021 11:41:03 PM EDT
I’ve got a spare kidney and am willing to trade it for a GPNVG on tnvc website. Anyone interested?

https://tnvc.com/shop/l3harris-gpnvg-ruggedized-bridge/
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:51:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I think everyone is going to keep the GPNVG???
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:51:43 PM EDT
[#2]
What's better for this unit -- the ball detent or dovetail?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:39:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I think that I will purchase these
Sweet
ETA: ANVIS
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:58:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I sold a full Bitcoin in 2019 to pay for a mawl and RNVGs. Whooda thunk I could’ve waited a little over year and bought these instead
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I sold a full Bitcoin in 2019 to pay for a mawl and RNVGs. Whooda thunk I could’ve waited a little over year and bought these instead
View Quote

I cashed in some Bitcoin mid 2020 for firearms related purchases as well. Don't beat yourself up too badly, no one has a crystal ball.

I am considering these as I've always wanted them, but it's a good chunk of change, that's for sure!  Maybe I'll cash some out some again if it rallies above 40K again.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#7]
These things look super heavy and bulky. I wonder how they actually are to use.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Love that the tech is available to the public, but at the price there are so many other incredible options.  Dual band, dual thermals, thermals and NVGS for 2-5 troops.  The juice isn't worth the squeeze.  But still so cool.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
These things look super heavy and bulky. I wonder how they actually are to use.
View Quote

They are amazing. I got to try them at an event once. I wish I had the 40k to drop on a set.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Love that the tech is available to the public, but at the price there are so many other incredible options.  Dual band, dual thermals, thermals and NVGS for 2-5 troops.  The juice isn't worth the squeeze.  But still so cool.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly...

Awesome that they are available.  And I thought it was funny seeing people spend 10-20k OVER MSRP for a set of these just a month ago, now its hilarious
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:46:49 AM EDT
[#11]
If I had fuck you money, I would be all about them.  

Otherwise I do not see how removing a kidney for quad daddies is going to improve my current abilities
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:05:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Interesting that these are now available for us peasants.  Used to be you had to have an agency/PD purchase (no individual sales). Wonder what changed?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:28:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Interesting that these are now available for us peasants.  Used to be you had to have an agency/PD purchase (no individual sales). Wonder what changed?
View Quote

demand from LE/MIL contracts probably dropped off and they started selling to civi's after that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

demand from LE/MIL contracts probably dropped off and they started selling to civi's after that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably more due to them gravitating to newer tech like fusion integrated stuff if I had to bet. Like when 15’s became more available. I imagine eventually the pvs31, gpnvg, and so on will become like the pvs15, greatly available then becoming a dead platform and parts drying up. Innovation is a always moving forward beast.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I’ve got a spare kidney and am willing to trade it for a GPNVG on tnvc website. Anyone interested?

https://tnvc.com/shop/l3harris-gpnvg-ruggedized-bridge/
View Quote

I already gave away a kidney. You are short changing yourself.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not really.  We've been working with L3Harris for a long time on "restricted" systems that had no lower demand reasons from LE, especially Mil.  That is the #1 reason of the long lead times to begin with.  Our units are from the same exact Mil line and those orders are HUGE and always take precedence from our retail orders.  Thank you.
View Quote

I'll gladly test out a pair just send them my way.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:34:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'll gladly test out a pair just send them my way.
View Quote

Definitely send me a set also to get the novice user opinion.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:55:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Are you El Cid? "Q" '07 here.

Needless to say we've been being asked "what changed" a lot lately.

The simple answer is that when L3 Technologies went through a reorganization following their merger with Harris and the subsequent sale of the Roanoke NV concern to Elbit Systems of America, their commercial sales structure reorganized as well.

Through our long relationship with L3/Insight/ETO/Integrated Vision Solutions/etc., over the years, TNVC was in a position to open new commercial channels resulting from the reorganization and not only the initiative to negotiate for certain authorizations and opening of product lines, but the means with which to make the required investment to make certain requests a reality.

Here’s a fact: the DoD will always have better things than you, technology that you haven’t even heard of yet, much less are able to purchase. There are systems out there with awesome capabilities that are being developed, tested, and even fielded to organizations whose mission sets includes evaluating advanced technologies.

That doesn’t mean the AN/PVS-31 or GPNVG are going away, being discontinued, or that they’re being sold commercially because the military no longer wants them. They are still currently issued, fielded, and contracted DoD systems in active use by the most elite SOF personnel overseas.

Once again, these are not contract overruns, not limited availability systems, but normal additions to our regular product line. These are still DoD/government rated, MIL-SPEC systems, however, identical to ones that would be issued to most DoD end users.

Re: dovetail versus ANVS

It's no secret that I'm a huge ANVS fan personally, however, as I've told many a person--if you prefer ANVS, you already know it, you wouldn't be asking which one to go with.

Generally speaking, a good 85%-90% of people tend to be more satisfied with BNVS (dovetail) configurations, as they are simpler, and more stable, and more reliable, without the... eccentricities of ball-detent mounts. The ANVS mount is a more specialized system with certain benefits that some are willing to accept, however in general, the BNVS dovetail is by far the more popular configuration, and the one that most users prefer.

~Augee
View Quote

I have to plead ignorance on that question as I have no idea what you mean.  Was just curious as to what had changed since the GPNVG had always been restricted from commercial sales.  But since you laid out the reason for the change it seem like maybe cool things will be more available.  I don't think I will be rushing to drop 40K on a GPNVG (I am one of the poors).  Maybe if I win the lottery one of these days. Thanks for the explanation.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The "Big Red" version of the South Carolina Palmetto flag is frequently associated with The Citadel, and frequently displayed by graduates. Wasn't sure if you were one.

~Augee
View Quote

Gotcha. No not affiliated with or attended Citadel. Now about that free GPNVG!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Through our long relationship with L3/Insight/ETO/Integrated Vision Solutions/etc., over the years, TNVC was in a position to open new commercial channels resulting from the reorganization and not only the initiative to negotiate for certain authorizations and opening of product lines, but the means with which to make the required investment to make certain requests a reality.

View Quote

Authorization of new product lines (all previously not accessible to me) is one of the reasons I buy almost exclusively from TNVC. Like most, the NGI PVS14 is my go to. As I save more, and as prices drop (or stay the same as inflation rises) in next decade, these are at the top of my "physical investment" list. However, kidneys arent for sale.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top