Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2023 7:48:18 PM EDT
Not necessarily the shooting was good but it was good to be shooting. Been a while I guess.

This is what I started with:
Attachment Attached File

CZ 457
TCR/22
1997 stainless 10/22
CCI SV
CCI mini mag 36gr
CCI Velocitor
Norma tac22
Wolf match extra

This is how it ended:
Attachment Attached File

Not bragging or making excuses just wanted to share a good day at the range

Did have to speed up at the end. Storm, wind and lightning was rolling in from the west.
Attachment Attached File

Day two below:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I'll get a better rear rest figured out and move back to 100 next time the opportunity comes.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 11:40:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I see some houses or what looks like some barns back there behind your berm. Do you have enough safe distance between your property and them?
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see some houses or what looks like some barns back there behind your berm. Do you have enough safe distance between your property and them?
View Quote

Fair question. The buildings behind the berm are 1 mile away and the angle of shooting is towards the woods. I am careful and not many people shoot with me out there.

The other picture of the storm coming is only a half mile to the buildings and a highway. No shooting is done in that direction.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice! What barrel is on the CZ?
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nice! What barrel is on the CZ?
View Quote

16" heavy factory barrel. Serial number on the barrel matches the receiver. It might be too heavy for prone sling shooting, haven't tried that yet.

Bought it used 1.5 years ago and shot it yesterday for only the second time.

I don't know about anybody else but for me it's a lot easier to buy guns and ammo for the fort than it is to actually spend "legit relaxed" time on the range.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I was shooting the same 3 rifles at my range, although my 10/22 is blued instead of stainless. Had fun with my 100 yd targets.

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was shooting the same 3 rifles at my range, although my 10/22 is blued instead of stainless. Had fun with my 100 yd targets.

https://i.imgur.com/iiGwSUD.jpg
View Quote

You have good taste....in rifles
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 7:11:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You have good taste....in rifles
View Quote

You did notice they were still sealed, right?
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 7:35:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Well you can't be too sure these days
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice home range OP. I’m jealous.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 2:27:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Fair question. The buildings behind the berm are 1 mile away and the angle of shooting is towards the woods. I am careful and not many people shoot with me out there.

The other picture of the storm coming is only a half mile to the buildings and a highway. No shooting is done in that direction.
View Quote

Gotcha. Yeah pictures can be deceiving.

I have contemplated shooting some rimfire and maybe centerfire 9mm in my backyard but not sure if it safe to do so.

I am on 2.5 acres with a farmer with a bunch of acres behind me, but there are some homes backing up to the other side of him and I don't think it is a mile separation between us though.

For now I just shoot some old air rifles.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

yeah me too. One day I hope to own enough land and be far enough away from any cities or other bs to shoot on my own property.
Until then I will keep searching for a better range.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

yeah me too. One day I hope to own enough land and be far enough away from any cities or other bs to shoot on my own property.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't be jelly, come on over. Ohio isn't that far away
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I wish my berm was as high as yours.  

Tractor is too short.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Don't be jelly, come on over. Ohio isn't that far away
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 9:57:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Nice. Im on ohio but my land in Kentucky is mountain land. Hard to find a flat spot
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I wish my berm was as high as yours.  

Tractor is too short.
View Quote

A couple years ago the berm was flattered out and I didn't know what to do. I talked to a guy with an excavator business nearby and asked him to send a guy down when he had a chance. He replied "you got a truck?,  come get one".

Soon I drove away with a 19,000 pound mini with about 5 hours on it. I straightened up the berm with a smile on my face.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nice. Im on ohio but my land in Kentucky is mountain land. Hard to find a flat spot
View Quote

Not hard to find a flat spot up here. Everything is nearly flat lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top