Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2020 10:01:02 PM EDT
I will be the first to admit, my C&R collection is a bit thin right now. When I was younger, that’s all I owned primarily and would have never thought of owning anything else. Then I got infected with the Black Rifle Disease, joined the Army out of college, and went temporarily insane. Sold off a lot of my stuff to other collectors to help fund my now wife’s engagement ring (paid cash) and kept just a few that were close to me.

After my son was born, I had to part with my Garand to pay off some medical bills. It’s in a good home, at my neighbors up the road. He says I can buy it back whenever, just need to scratch up the funds one day to do so.

Thankfully I’ve been able to continue working (911 dispatch) and my wife has as well (nurse), so things were starting to look up. Was able to snag a few deals on ammo and other AR accessories off armslist, and help some people out who were less fortunate.

I had been seeing a sporterized Lee Enfield No1 MK III on armslist for the past several months, never moving and never decreasing in price. I would always look at the pictures, wonder what the guy would absolutely lowest take, and then pass it up.

Guy had posted he would entertain trades. So I sent him a message, offered him some stuff I had laying around in the garage (spare AR mags, ammo) that I had next to nothing in. He wanted some cash, so I agreed to $100 and some AR mags (free from
My time in the Army), 60 rounds of 556, 50 12 gauge shells, and some 9mm. All in, think I had $30 in the ammo so all in $130. At worse, got a neat wall hanger

The guy had gotten it from his uncle, had no use for it and just needed some cash. I needed something to clean up and wanted to make it feel appreciated again.

The bore looked okay, but swallows a bullet at the muzzle. Will probably keyhole, but don’t think I’ll fire many rounds through her. Had thought about trying to restock her on the cheap over time, but may just try to save another one first.

It’s a 1916 BSA
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 1:59:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice find and fun project.

I rarely see much interesting on Armslist. Did watch this overpriced 1903 for a month before getting it for a fair price. It sports the original barrel and most parts, except the windage knob, firing pin rod and later stock. If cutting down the C stock was not bad enough, they carved it to look like a cheek pad.

Link Posted: 5/7/2020 7:18:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I luck up every so often, find something old and interesting. Not as often as I used to, best deal I had was when I picked up a 1943 dated M44 for $80 a few years ago. Granted was missing the top handguards, metal bands, and the trigger guard/magazine it came with some other goodies. Was able to get it back to its former military glory for an all in investment of $250

Ended up having to sell it when my HVAC went out in the middle of summer with a baby, priorities
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Rescued this M1917 Remington about a year ago.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:34:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By distrflman:
Rescued this M1917 Remington about a year ago.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/22604/02_remington_model_of_1917_jpg-1406049.JPG
View Quote

@distrflman

I had one of those too, a sporter version but that had been drilled and taped. Was a nice hunting rifle, it too went away when the hvac went out
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:42:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought it because it was not drilled and it finished off the three manufacturers
Eddystone, bought in the early 80's
Winchester, rescued as a sporter
Remington, rescued as a sporter
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Ultimate plan is to eventually restore it just to have as a WWI example to have
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top