Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2020 1:17:39 AM EDT
Came out better than I expected. Blackhawk T-series dipped in multicam

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Look good, didn't realize that was still a thing.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#2]
"Dipped"?
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 1:13:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Dipped"?
View Quote

Hydro dipped. They have some fluid to hold the colored paint, create the pattern on the surface of the tank and then dip the article into it and the pattern transfers to the piece being dipped.

Only seen videos but it's pretty neat. Seems like it would be hard to get right, but those look great.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 10:18:43 PM EDT
[#4]
That's HAWT.  

You know they're releasing a leg strap adapter add on plate for those very soon, right?

I'm told end of this month/beginning of next month
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hydro dipped. They have some fluid to hold the colored paint, create the pattern on the surface of the tank and then dip the article into it and the pattern transfers to the piece being dipped.

Only seen videos but it's pretty neat. Seems like it would be hard to get right, but those look great.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Dipped"?

Wow. If that's how it's done, I'm super impressed with the results.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#6]
They look fantastic.  Details about the process?
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

It’s an image printed in a film that is floated on a solvent. Item is then dipped. Same way they do the missy oak pattern shotguns and such
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 9:22:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It’s an image printed in a film that is floated on a solvent. Item is then dipped. Same way they do the missy oak pattern shotguns and such
View Quote

Cool. Thanks. I've debated cordura wrapping with one of the kits you can order, but I'm off to YouTube to check this out.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's an image printed in a film that is floated on a solvent. Item is then dipped. Same way they do the missy oak pattern shotguns and such
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's an image printed in a film that is floated on a solvent. Item is then dipped. Same way they do the missy oak pattern shotguns and such

yep. I had it done by a guy in state. He has dipped some archery equipment for me in the past that came out great. Price was $25 for the holster plus shipping, and he has 100s of patterns. You can hydro dip almost anything. Here's his website if interested:

https://www.rahoffer.com/
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 4:20:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's HAWT.  

You know they're releasing a leg strap adapter add on plate for those very soon, right?

I'm told end of this month/beginning of next month
View Quote

There out. Bought mine directly off blackhawk.com 2 days ago. Just posted here about them.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Blackhawk-Holsters-w-New-Drop-Mount-and-Thigh-Strap-adapter/10-517322/

@Badger545
Your holsters look perfect. Great Job by your source.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 10:32:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Not sure what process your dip guy uses, but I've found a light coat of matte clear Krylon helps to keep the finish from the usual scuffs and dings. On stocks, I always used a matte clear Duracoat as a protective coating.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 10:47:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There out. Bought mine directly off blackhawk.com 2 days ago. Just posted here about them.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Blackhawk-Holsters-w-New-Drop-Mount-and-Thigh-Strap-adapter/10-517322/

@Badger545
Your holsters look perfect. Great Job by your source.
View Quote

@GLD1980 good to know-thanks!   Didn’t know that.

I just posted in your other thread
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#13]
I just got a kydex holster made from multicam kydex and your dipped holsters look about a 1000% better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top