Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/26/2023 10:16:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shipwreck]
I saw this at the gun store Friday. They just got them in that morning.

I managed to snag one :)

Now, I am waiting for the optic I ordered to come in. I watched a Youtube video to show me how to take it apart. It's not too hard, but it's a bit different.

Once I get the optic, I get to shoot it.

I watched a video review Friday night on Youtube. Guy shot about a 1" group at 50 yards. That's much better than the 2-3" average that the Beretta CX4 shoots. So, I can't wait to try it.

After playing with this over the weekend, I think this gun is awesome. It's been years since I have been this excited for something new. If the gun shoots like I hope it will, I may sell one CX4 and buy a 2nd one. We'll see.

The gun feels lighter than it is, because all of the weight is closer to your body. The front end of the gun is very light. Because of that, it makes it feel much lighter than the CX4 does (CX4 has more weight towards the front end of the gun).

I ordered a couple more 17 round mags for it. I don't have any M&Ps - other than 3 Shield Pluses. So, I want at least 6 mags for the gun. Since I like to shoot from the bench, I ordered the 17 rounders (instead of longer mags) so it doesn't cause a problem when I use my sandbags.

I am really impressed with the gun, and I can't wait for my optic to ship so I can try it out.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 12:53:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Look forward to your review.  SUB-2000s have a $100 rebate on in response, I'm selling those like crazy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 3:44:01 AM EDT
[#2]
What did it run you? I saw a couple this weekend but they wanted $40 & $140 over MSRP.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 6:45:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I paid $600 + tax. Under MSRP
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Shipwreck:
View Quote

At that price Iโ€™d probably have picked one up as well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool,  looking forward to your range report, what optic did you go with?  That bolt release looks pretty small, saw a vid on yt  where the guy could not get it to drop the bolt. Is yours functional? Not a deal breaker for me but maybe someone will come out with a better one.

Congrats on your new heat
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 9:57:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Good to hear, and a very cool rifle. I can easily see myself getting one. But, 2-3" groups at 50yds from a CX4? No way, unless that Storm has a problem. I haven't gone 50 yds yet with mine, but at 25yds it puts bullets through the previous bullet hole. I can't see any reason why it won't do very well at 50yds.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 10:33:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Rbass:  Good to hear, and a very cool rifle. I can easily see myself getting one. But, 2-3" groups at 50yds from a CX4? No way, unless that Storm has a problem. I haven't gone 50 yds yet with mine, but at 25yds it puts bullets through the previous bullet hole. I can't see any reason why it won't do very well at 50yds.
View Quote

Possibly going subsonic by 50 yds, if marginally supersonic at the muzzle.  Dependent on altitude, temperature, humidity, MV, & bullet weight.

I think to keep 124 grn NATO supersonic to 50 yds in Kuwait at 120 degrees F it needed a 12.5" bbl.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 8:53:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Rbass:
Good to hear, and a very cool rifle. I can easily see myself getting one. But, 2-3" groups at 50yds from a CX4? No way, unless that Storm has a problem. I haven't gone 50 yds yet with mine, but at 25yds it puts bullets through the previous bullet hole. I can't see any reason why it won't do very well at 50yds.
View Quote

Well, you should try it. You may be surprised.

I have owned 4 CX4s over the years - and I have two now. This topic has been discussed a lot at the Beretta Forum over the last decade. My results are not unusual.  A lot of people are frustrated that the CX4 cannot shoot tighter groups. 2-3" groups at 50 yards is the norm, and 6-8" at 100 yards. On very rare occasions will someone say that they can get a better group at 100 yards, but that is not common among the people who have posted there.

A few years ago, I took a Storm and a SCAR 16S to the range to shoot at 50 yards. Both had the EXACT same optic mounted on both rifles. I could do 1/2" groups at 50 yards with the SCAR. On the CSX4 - 2-3" was the best I could do. That's been consistent on all of my CX4s that I have previously owned.

I agree - the gun does well at 25 yards. But at 50, you are going to get close to a 3" group.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 8:56:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By amendment:
Cool, ย looking forward to your range report, what optic did you go with? ย That bolt release looks pretty small, saw a vid on yt ย where the guy could not get it to drop the bolt. Is yours functional? Not a deal breaker for me but maybe someone will come out with a better one.

Congrats on your new heat
View Quote

To drop the bolt, you will have to use the charging handle. I can't get those little buttons to work either. But, I'm fine with that.

I went with my favorite optic - the Mepro 21 with the triangle reticle. I have owned many of them over the years. I saw an old post of mine yesterday on another forum. And going off that, I believe this will be my 8th Mepro. I like that it uses no electronics. It uses tritium and fiber optics. Perfect for the summer heat of Texas, in case I leave it in the car for a while. It can get over 160F inside of a car in the summer here in Texas.

It does weigh more than those small red dots. But, the triangle reticle is clear to my eyes, instead of the distorted shape I see with a red dot.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrats, that looks really nice. I like grip of the M&P and prefer it to most gun frames, so I may have to get one. Also, ACT mags can be had for $20 a pop compared to the S&W factory mags and they are just as good. I have a bunch already and never had a problem, as ACT makes mags for many brands already.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:26:46 PM EDT
[#11]
"Cost" is only 500 bucks. Dealer greed on top of that.

Where did you get the $600 one? Maybe one of us would like a chance at getting one.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Chipper44mag:
"Cost" is only 500 bucks. Dealer greed on top of that.

Where did you get the $600 one? Maybe one of us would like a chance at getting one.
View Quote

Local shop in College Station. I doubt they still have anymore by now... Been almost a week.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Chipper44mag:  "Cost" is only 500 bucks. Dealer greed on top of that.

View Quote

Dealer greed?  How much do you think we make on these things?
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Checked one if my local shops yesterday and they had a couple in stock. Felt great when shouldered, nice and compact but they wanted 700 for it. I'll wait for now for now and see if I can find one for 650

What prices are you guys seeing out there
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I picked one up today at Tombstone Tactical in Phoenix, AZ. They are having their S&W days with good discounts.
Mine was $579! This weekend only plus a free knife and hat.
S&W rep said it was a smokin' price. Chatted with him a bit. Said they are working on more mags for sale but most are for these firearms. A regular M&P mag will work but won't have the spacer at the bottom-purely aesthetic though.
He also mention to add some grease in the slot of the charging handle. Said it's a bit stiff.

Tried to add a front sling mount in the normal left hand position on the hand guard-can't fold and lock it! Sling mount is in the way.
Tried the QD mount on the right and bottom, it rotates out of your hand when pressure is applied to the sling.
Tried one of those soft loop sling mounts-nope! Hand guard is not fully open between mlok slots. Gave up on the sling for now and mounted a suppressor. Can't lock it in the folded position. Can hits the stock. Could file the grove in the charging handle (which locks onto the hand guard when folded) a bit wider. Need to think on it some more.

It feels front heavy. Barrel and can out front and polymer out back. A sling would help a bunch.

Will see how she shoots tomorrow.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/31/2023 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

Dealer greed? ย How much do you think we make on these things?
View Quote

Well with cost being $512 how much do you need to make?? Local shops by my place want $649 to $699. I mean it's a lot of work opening a package and putting it on the shelf. Oop's you have to make a tag and hang it on. Sorry I forgot you have to click on the website or talk on the phone and order the gun.

At 20% they should be like $599-$629. 10% like at my shop $569.

Are you one of those guys that need to make $200 bucks on a $500 gun?
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 10:30:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Well with cost being $512 how much do you need to make?? Local shops by my place want $649 to $699. I mean it's a lot of work opening a package and putting it on the shelf. Oop's you have to make a tag and hang it on. Sorry I forgot you have to click on the website or talk on the phone and order the gun.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  Dealer greed? ย How much do you think we make on these things?

No, but I'm not paying rent on a shop either, nor insurance on a shop, utilities at a shop, wages, health insurance, Social Security on employees...

Have you ever run a business?
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 10:50:12 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

If there is high demand, why wouldn't they sell for a higher price?

When you sell things do you sell at market value or "fair" value?
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Just cause something wholesales for $512, does not include shipping and insurance. Some places have them on allocation.  New and high demand means people can get expect higher prices....

Funny how some people think they should get something for nothing.  People have to make a living as pointed out there are a lot of expenses having a brick and mortar store.

It is easy for kitchen table dealers to give product a way for little profit, as it is a side hustle.  Tis funny how a local guy who was kitchen table dealer evolved to regular store front.....his prices went up to
accommodate the overhead!

Link Posted: 4/1/2023 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By rn22723:  Just cause something wholesales for $512, does not include shipping and insurance. Some places have them on allocation. ย New and high demand means people can get expect higher prices....

Funny how some people think they should get something for nothing. ย People have to make a living as pointed out there are a lot of expenses having a brick and mortar store.

It is easy for kitchen table dealers to give product a way for little profit, as it is a side hustle. ย Tis funny how a local guy who was kitchen table dealer evolved to regular store front.....his prices went up to
accommodate the overhead!
View Quote

Well, fuck, I'm doing this wrong.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Youโ€™ve never owned a business before.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Can y'all STFU about how to run a business?

Shot mine today and it did excellent. One failure to fully eject the case out of 12'ish full mags.

Bolt hold/release is tiny and sucks.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#23]
What is length and thickness folded?
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Look forward to your review. ย SUB-2000s have a $100 rebate on in response, I'm selling those like crazy.
View Quote

Seems like quite a few Keltec products are on sale.

Sub 2000s have the rebate,
I'm seeing KSG/KS7 at pretty low prices too.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By fsjdw2:
What is length and thickness folded?
View Quote

When folded, it is 16" long. Width. I haven't measured it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:37:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I saw this at the gun store Friday. They just got them in that morning.

View Quote

Can I ask why not a CZ Scorpion? PSA has them on sale these days.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 11:22:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By USPguy:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shipwreck:  I saw this at the gun store Friday. They just got them in that morning.

Does it fold?
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 10:35:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shipwreck] [#28]

View Quote

Well, the #1 reason is that it does not fold in 1/2 like this S&W carbine.

Plus, I considered buying one before I bought my 2nd CX4. But the CX4 is shorter.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#29]

Does it fold?
View Quote

The arm brace does. The non-folding part is still shorter than the Smith is folded.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Just handled one at a local store. It was super nice and seemed solid. Price was $750, so I will wait until they come down.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Are we allowed to post links for stores that have them? Not sure of the rules but I know a local place has a couple of them left.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#32]

The arm brace does. The non-folding part is still shorter than the Smith is folded.
View Quote

Those are NFA/SBR now and must be registered with .gov to be street legal. The rifle being discussed here is a non-NFA item.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 11:46:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Firefr0g:  Are we allowed to post links for stores that have them? Not sure of the rules but I know a local place has a couple of them left.
View Quote

Generally, as long as you're not involved w/ the store or making a profit from the reference.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Any more range reports on the FPC?  Anybody compared it to the evo on the range?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Rockprocess:
Any more range reports on the FPC?  Anybody compared it to the evo on the range?
View Quote
I have an Gen 1 EVO SBR. Been a long time since I shot it. Will have to compare it this weekend.

Hoping someone makes an extended bolt release for it. I email Apex asking if they had anything in the works but they wouldn't tell me.
Also need a better front QD sling mount. Can't lock it folded with a QD installed on the left side.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:11:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By DuneShoot:
I have an Gen 1 EVO SBR. Been a long time since I shot it. Will have to compare it this weekend.

Hoping someone makes an extended bolt release for it. I email Apex asking if they had anything in the works but they wouldn't tell me.
Also need a better front QD sling mount. Can't lock it folded with a QD installed on the left side.
View Quote

Yea that bolt release looks like garbage, mcarbo are you listening....hint hint
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

I finally found one for $605+tax,just need to find a red dot,thinking of a Sig romeo 5 anybody use one?
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Was able to compare these. Not much difference IMO.
The FPC has a slightly nicer trigger than my after market trigger and the CZ and the FPC goes super sonic with the same rounds. Or maybe the suppressor wasn't working as well. Rugged in short config vrs Omega 9k
Recoil is the same to me.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chipper44mag: ย "Cost" is only 500 bucks. Dealer greed on top of that.

Apparently someone was making $100

Grabagun started at $799, eventually dropped to $699 and finally hit $599.  They also have no fucks to give on selling well above MSRP

I'm glad they dipped to $399 before rebate on the sub2000 before going up again.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By catmech:

I finally found one for $605+tax,just need to find a red dot,thinking of a Sig romeo 5 anybody use one?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shipwreck:  I paid $600 + tax. Under MSRP

I've got one on my Fold AR, think one of the girls has one on her rifle, the shake awake seems to work.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 2:52:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#41]

View Quote

I realize I'm a month late on this, but I put a PA SLx MD-25 2 MOA red dot on mine - wait for a sale and get it for <$100.

I have a Romeo5 on an AR, and it's fine.

No complaints with either optic, really, but I haven't owned either one very long. I prefer the SLx, but again, my experience with these two is limited.

The big difference to me is size: the Romeo5 is a more compact optic, but also only 20mm objective vs the 25mm of the SLx. I prefer the larger objective lens.

IMO, the shake awake is a neat but unnecessary feature.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:26:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By pbol53:

Youโ€™ve never owned a business before.
View Quote

Just a gun shop. But what would I know right.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Saw one for the 1st time last night.  She's thicc.  Looks like the pics.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 12:30:02 AM EDT
[#44]

Just a gun shop. But what would I know right.
View Quote

From the comments on your previous posting Iโ€™m going to say that I donโ€™t believe you.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Prices must be dropping a bit. I picked one up yesterday at the LGS for $575 and no sales tax in WV. Taking it with a Holosun 510 for optics and a case of S&B along with my Scorpion to the range and see how it goes.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 8:21:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Just picked one up.  It was $599 locally.  Put a Primarly Arms SLX MD-20 on it.   Anxious to get it out.  I like the feel of this thing.  Just sold a Kel Tec.  I couldn't deal with the irons and didn't feel like mucking around with various mounts.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 6:06:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Whippet06] [#47]
Just picked one up today and threw on a Romeo5 and TLR1s that I had sitting around. Fully loaded up it's not light (~8.2 lbs) but, it fits in the top box on my motorcycle giving me a handy package when going on trips with 63 rounds on board.

I'd like to see an aftermarket butt stock that was thinner and only held 1 mag with a better release button and flipping the orientation so that the bullets face up. Maybe even have the mag angled down slightly for an easier one handed grab.

I'll try to get to the range on Monday to get the optic sighted in.

Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:48:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Cool ๐Ÿ˜Ž

I might be wrong but I thought I heard you can put any ar15 buttstock on this rifle?
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 4:53:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 07Yamaha] [#49]
Originally Posted By amendment:
Cool ๐Ÿ˜Ž

I might be wrong but I thought I heard you can put any ar15 buttstock on this rifle?
View Quote

Would be nice if that was true but it isn't.  Hopefully someone will tool up to start making some accessories for this.  They could start with the bolt stop/release system.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 10:00:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Whippet06:
Just picked one up today and threw on a Romeo5 and TLR1s that I had sitting around. Fully loaded up it's not light (~8.2 lbs) but, it fits in the top box on my motorcycle giving me a handy package when going on trips with 63 rounds on board.
View Quote

You mean something like this?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top