Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2017 11:57:25 PM EDT
Laser for the win. Capitol Armory did the work. When he asked me where i wanted it i just said wherever, i don't care. He pointed out this spot and i was like wtf! ok!. He didn't even remove the Elcan.

Link Posted: 12/13/2017 12:05:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Not only is that nice engraving its an awesome place and size!  
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 12:06:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Capitol Armory is the beez knees. I've had my Scorpion, an AR lower and my suppressor re-cerakoted there and they were top notch. Workmanship and turn around time was worth the price. Highly recommend them.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 12:10:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Capitol Armory is the beez knees. I've had my Scorpion, an AR lower and my suppressor re-cerakoted there and they were top notch. Workmanship and turn around time was worth the price. Highly recommend them.
View Quote
YEa i Was Really happy with how they treated me and some other customers that were also picking up items.

Cost for the engraving was only $55, and while i was there my friend picked up the 45 can i got him last christmas then i went ahead and put an SDN6 in jail for the $399 sale they got going.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a good spot. Capitol Armory engraved mine on the angled part at the very bottom of the upper receiver.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 9:56:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Got mine done today too.

Local guy who owns lasers and just started doing NFA stuff. Did it right there and got to watch the fun.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#6]
My suggestion for next time. You have to remove the optic but then the engraving is invisible once it's replaced. Yes, this is legal. This is how I do all my SBRs where the top rail is part of the serialized component.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 3:46:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My suggestion for next time. You have to remove the optic but then the engraving is invisible once it's replaced. Yes, this is legal. This is how I do all my SBRs where the top rail is part of the serialized component.
View Quote
Also an idea for next time the words "Revocable Living" are not required to be put on the rifle. Which will require even less space.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Also an idea for next time the words "Revocable Living" are not required to be put on the rifle. Which will require even less space.
View Quote
Do you have a reference to that effect? Last time I checked ATF was very clear that the entire trust name was required. They weren't even allowing abbreviations like "R. L. Trust." Since my declaration of trust says the name is "Joe M. Blow Living Revocable Trust" it seems clear to me that all of that is required.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#9]
https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2013/01/how-to-name-your-gun-trust.html

If you listed the official name of your trust with the words revocable and living then I'm sure you should put it. For anyone considering creating a trust for NFA items I would recommend leaving those words out of the name as they are not required since other parts of the trust document stipulate both the revocable and living parts.

You can create revocable living trust and simply call it "John Doe Trust" the other words are not necessary in the name.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nice
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top