Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2020 11:15:13 PM EDT
Picked up a TC ImpactSB for $158 on clearance.

I doesnt have a scope mount but does have the screw holes. Ones I've been looking at also list the Omega and the other ml rifles from TC. So am I wrong in assuming that the scope mount screw pattern is the same on TC muzzleloaders?

Picked up some triple 7 pellets, a 'box' of 295gr Powerbelts (per recommendation from the store clerk who said he uses them on his TC) and Winchester primers. Plus any other item I would need (bullet starter, cleaning jag, bore cleaner, patches).

Also do you need to use a "special scope" for bp or will any decent riflescope work? Want a Vortex.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:42:09 AM EDT
[#1]
No you don't need any special scope for a muzzleloader.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:58:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Picked up a TC ImpactSB for $158 on clearance.

I doesnt have a scope mount but does have the screw holes. Ones I've been looking at also list the Omega and the other ml rifles from TC. So am I wrong in assuming that the scope mount screw pattern is the same on TC muzzleloaders?

Picked up some triple 7 pellets, a 'box' of 295gr Powerbelts (per recommendation from the store clerk who said he uses them on his TC) and Winchester primers. Plus any other item I would need (bullet starter, cleaning jag, bore cleaner, patches).

Also do you need to use a "special scope" for bp or will any decent riflescope work? Want a Vortex.
View Quote

VERY good deal.

Yes, the T/C scope mount you looked at works on quite a few of their different models.

You really won't need a starter, but a patch jag and brush for 50 cal will be a necessity. I'd recommend getting a heavy brass 1 piece bench rod, or a 3 piece (again HEAVY brass) portable rod. Cleaning MLs as soon after shooting is crucial, and is the best way to enjoy shooting them for a very long time.  Hot water is all you need to clean 777 residue, but CVA's barrel blaster foam works wonders too. Get some anti-seize for the breech plug, for the threads only. You'll thank me later. Some q-tips and pipe cleaners will come in handy for cleaning the breech plug.  A correct size drill bit might be handy if you happen to get it really fouled with carbon build-up. (hand twist, primer side only.)

2 pellets will push that 295gr lump of lead just fine, don't bother trying 3. You won't gain a lot, other than recoil, and the plain copper clad PBs don't like to be pushed too fast anyway.

You can use any scope you like.  There are several models out there with BDC reticles "calibrated" MLs you might want to consider.  These things don't shoot all that flat, but if you're typical shots are 100 yards or less, a regular reticle will serve you just fine.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 10:27:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Any scope will work

Consistency in loading procedure will help accuracy.

It is NOT a precision long range rifle so don't expect it to shoot like one,though with tinkering with the loads(using loose 777) it can get pretty damn accurate.

My TC Omega shoots 1MOA or so @100yrds after I found the load/bullet/sabot it liked.

Oh yeah 2 pellets is enough if you use pellets.

You got a smoking deal too.No pun intended
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 10:28:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks. Only planning on 100yds max except when we go out to our maintenance guys place where we can shoot out to 400yds. Would be a fun S&G shot.

Link Posted: 9/21/2020 11:11:25 PM EDT
[#5]
F' the pellets - go get some Blackhorn 209 powder....

no cleaning and lot less headaches....

You can buy my membership next year as a thank you...

Red

ps I am not kidding.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Took it out shooting thursday. 2 pellets worked fine. 100yds kept the group to 2" on irons. Hardly any recoil, but that could had been because the rifle I was shooing before the TC was my Barrett.Should be fine for the muzzle hunt season if I go this year. Was shooting into the wind so all the smoke came back at me. I think TC set the trigger pull a bit low. Felt like the 2lb trigger pull I have on my Rem700 .300wm. Overall its a nice to shoot rifle. A lot better than I expected for a "cheap" black powder rifle.

Link Posted: 11/15/2020 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Red

ps I am not kidding.
View Quote

I just switched to Blackhorn 209 and I love it.   Do what this man says
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 8:21:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Red

ps I am not kidding.

Thank you there...

The other thing to do is to F' the high cost of the bullets...

Do some research and order your sabots in bulk and buy boxes of pistol bullets....

LOL - cheaper is more fun.....

Red
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Red

ps I am not kidding.

I had sworn off muzzleloaders all together until I learned about Blackhorn 209. I shoot 70 grains of BH209 with 300gr Barnes Expander MZ’s.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top