Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 2/13/2021 4:49:57 PM EDT
For another Randall.  Will likely go the dealer route this time as I'd like to have it before I get too much older.

The only one I have seems to be getting lonely.

Randall 28 by FredMan, on Flickr

Randall 28 by FredMan, on Flickr

I'm considering:
Model 8, Trout and Bird.  Except I'm not really a fan of stag handles; would like this in maroon or green micarta.

Attachment Attached File

Combat Companion.  I don't want some big honking fighting knife made out of super-thick stock and this one looks like a good compromise, size-wise.  But I'd like it with finger grooves instead the the Border Patrol handle.  Also considering the Model 15 Airman as a substitute if I can come to terms with 1/4" stock.

Attachment Attached File

Cattleman and Yachtsman.  I've always liked the wharncliff profile and this one looks like it's be a fantastic for a good all-around utility and workshop knife.  Again, don't want stag, would prefer micarta.

Attachment Attached File

Model 24 - Guardian.  Everybody needs a boot knife, right?  But this thing probably isn't good for what I typically use my knives for; cutting shit, cleaning game, etc.  But it looks like such a cool blade...

Attachment Attached File

Decisions, decisions...
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 4:56:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I just sold this one:
" />

I have a combat companion on order now.......
Love my model 28, perfect size knife.
good luck!
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 5:03:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 5:35:00 PM EDT
[#3]
That is the blade length I find the most handy.  I could party with OP.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/13/2021 8:03:27 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a nice one you;ve get there, OP. I've been waiting for mine from the CPT, it's ben delayed because of the 'rona crap. I think as soon as I get my 3-7" I'm going to order the Triathlete. Or more than ;ikey the 4-6" in leather.
Can't go wrong with any Randall!
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 6:23:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an itch too. Today I scratched it.Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:59:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:30:09 PM EDT
[#7]
For a small fixed blade, I like my Model 5-4. Mine has the black Micarta handle:

I do like the Model 15’s as well.

This one has a green Micarta handle and the standard 1/4” thickness all the way through:

This one has the stacked leather handle with a cut down tang. It does make the knife a bit lighter:

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I seem to be picking this one up in the mornings these days.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 12:12:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Beautiful Tom Clinton Special you got there !

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#10]
@FredMan

Another Model 15 for your viewing pleasure. This one has a stainless blade with the saw teeth option and the green Micarta single finger grip handle…

Los Tres Amigos…

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@FredMan

Another Model 15 for your viewing pleasure. This one has a stainless blade with the saw teeth option and the green Micarta single finger grip handle…

https://i.postimg.cc/DZ4jZLXG/DE6-DF608-3321-40-B6-9526-C0-EE3-DC94917.jpg

Los Tres Amigos…

https://i.postimg.cc/wBgb8mrV/8-D154-D93-8-F10-4-B87-8-C09-A64-CCA6-EB35-D.jpg
View Quote

Very nice!

I've more or less decided that a Model 15 is what I want, now all I need to do is find one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Very nice!

I've more or less decided that a Model 15 is what I want, now all I need to do is find one.
View Quote

@FredMan

That is a great choice.....You can't go wrong with a 15!

My first couple of Randall's were ordered through the shop, but the 5+ year wait is not something I would do again. I did buy a Bowie from Nordic Knives when they were out in California. The wait was about 6-8 months, which isn't bad, but they tack on about $100.00 over retail for their blades.

There are several dealers out there that charge what the Randall shop charges and the wait times are significantly less than the 5 year period from the shop.

For the past couple of years, I have ordered from Capt. Stanaback. He normally gets them out in about 6-8+ months, but between Covid and some snafu's, my last order and it took about 2-1/2 years. He charges exactly what the Randall shop does.

I did score the leather handled Model 15 and a real nice Model 8 from Buxton knives. They are great to deal with and, like Stanaback, they charge shop prices. There is another dealer called Clinton Knives as well. I haven't dealt with them, but their prices are pretty close to what the Randall shop sells their blades for.

Capt. Stanaback Knives

Buxton Knives

Clinton Knives
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Forget the three sources above all told they have one knife available.  Nordic shows only nine available.  Sad thing is folks are buying them right and left then sticking them in a drawer.  They are made to use.  Use them boys.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top