Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2018 9:57:21 AM EDT
Too cheap to pass up.  Turned out nice.  Shot it at the range yesterday and it held up nicely

I let it cure for 7 days before putting it back together and shooting it.

Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#1]
That looks good!
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 1:31:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I approve.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#3]
You could've just RIT dye'd the frame in semi-boiling water for about $3 too.  Would've been more permanent than a coating as it would've changed the polymer frame completely.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 6:41:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could've just RIT dye'd the frame in semi-boiling water for about $3 too.  Would've been more permanent than a coating as it would've changed the polymer frame completely.
View Quote
Never heard of that.   How much RIT do you need.  
That is one problem with the spray.  There are spots I couldn’t get too.   Mainly the mag well
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 9:43:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Three caps full to 2 qts water.  Easy as pie.  Acetone strip the frame and DO IT!!!
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Three caps full to 2 qts water.  Easy as pie.  Acetone strip the frame and DO IT!!!
View Quote
Works only on polymer, not metal frames, correct?
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 6:39:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Right.  Just toss it in and stir and flip it for 3 minutes.   Then rinse in COLD water.   Use a stainless steel pot only.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top