Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2019 5:24:03 PM EDT
A free work-in-progress, but interesting alternative to QuickLoad. The predictions for VV N32C in '06 and .308 closely match my velocity data and pressure estimation. "Local" powders like H4895 and Varget are still a bit wonky.

https://www.grtools.de/
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 10:38:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Very interesting.

I have only once or twice really wanted quickload. I am going to download and play with it a bit.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#2]
How long does it take to get an email?

Tried last night and still haven't got it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Got the activation email immediately. Check spam?
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got the activation email immediately. Check spam?
View Quote
Had to use a different email.

Next question. Can use it on a phone or is for computer only?
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 11:19:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Computer only.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Computer only.
View Quote
Linux or Windows only.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Figured out something about it.  In QL you fit the model to your data by adjusting Ba.  In this tool, it appears you have to adjust Ba and K.  I don't know what happens to the model if you only adjust Ba.  If you use the OBT (optimal barrel time) tool and give it your chrony data, it does some type of iterative process and gives you the Ba and K that will fit the pressure curve to your results.

But I have a problem doing that with a light 38 special load with the error being something about start pressure being too much.  but it's worked on everything else I've tried.

****edit
If you have QL, you can import data from it into the tool.  It does something mathematically to the powder data to fit into their model better.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I downloaded this software as soon as I saw the link to it (thanks to HighpowerRifleBrony for posting it).  All of the available information is several miles over my head however I did notice one thing I thought was interesting.

They don't have a lot of powders already cataloged and I have no idea how to come up with the parameters to add one, but they did have Hodgdon CFE223 which I have been using lately.  They also have data for the 69 grain Sierra Match King bullets I've had good luck with.  Based on those two I set up a file for my best load using CFE223 and 69gr SMK's.  I ran a ladder a couple of months ago from 23.8 to 25.4 grains and my best result in my T/C Compass was using 24.2 grains of powder.  In the Gordon software I happened to notice that the Optimal Barrel Timing page showed a node very close to what I had used so I played with it for a few minutes and it calculates that the optimal load would be 24.13 grains of powder.  I use a Hornady AutoCharge powder dispenser with a limit of +/- 0.1 grain so I loaded some at 24.1 grains (which will typically drop up to 0.1gr high but 0.0gr low for a range of 24.1 to 24.2 grains).  I don't expect to see a great deal of difference but I'll try to shoot some of them this weekend just for fun and see what happens.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Submit your data to help tune the model.

Announcement: Data needed!

We urgently need measurement data from powders that are not yet well mapped (Lovex) or are not available (Vectan, Hodgdon, Alliant and so on). We need speeds and if available: pressur e and also measurements from shotgun cartridges (powder no matter). If someone is known and would like to share the data, this would help the project a lot. Please create a *.grtload file as usual and measure volume and bullet length. Please add measurements directly into the *.grtload file. that helps a lot!

Thank you very much! :-)

please send your files to: [email protected]
View Quote
29.07.2019 - 15:07
Welcome
Hello and welcome to the GRT community page.

We are still in the process of implementing the first functionalities, so please be patient, as time goes by more and more will be possible here.

Measured Loads

We rely on measurement data to keep the interior ballistic simulation and its models up to date. You can support this project by submitting your measurement data!

create a *.grtload-File and save velocity and or pressure measurements into it

please take care, that the input values are valid (measured), e.g. the case volume and the bullet length

please send this file to [email protected]

thanks alot!
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 3:52:15 AM EDT
[#10]
There's a new update. Big detail for me is the option to switch units to Imperial.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:36:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I just downloaded it and it seems like a good program, they just need to add some more powders. I am going to see if I can put something together for WIN 748 for Grendel.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 5:04:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I just registered. They must be either drinking or sleeping in Germany... haven't got the activation code yet.
My money's on drinking since its about 10:00p on a Saturday night ;)
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 3:46:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm not sure on the burn rate number stuff yet, but changing the bulk density from 61 to 65 for CFE223 makes the load density more accurate. The boattail of a 178gr BTHP at 2.84" just dips into the 45.5gr charge in a 55.0gr case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top