Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2018 11:08:06 AM EDT
Looking for a new sling for my rifle.
I have a Proctor sling but it's to thin and digs into my neck.

I want a 2 point sling that's comfortable and something I can wear all day if needed.

I hear the Ferro concept Slingster is good.
Any other slings you guys would recommend?
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Padded VTAC.
More adjustment both ways than the Blue Force VCAS, and a longer padded section.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Padded VTAC.
More adjustment both ways than the Blue Force VCAS, and a longer padded section.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Padded VTAC.
This
X3
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link?

Just looked and there's tons of different slings on VTAC's website
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I like my Magpul MS3
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out the Blue Force Gear Vickers sling as well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 1:46:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Love my Proctor slings.... I didn’t care for the padded VTAC.

Hit me up if you’re looking to get rid of your Proctor.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Here ya go OP.

VTAC Mk2 is the padded sling. They are pretty much the go to. USSOCOM uses them for a reason.

Close second is the VCAS non padded.

If your cheap you could go with the Boonie Packer 2P AOTM Combat Sling.

VTAC use video
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:14:11 PM EDT
[#9]
BFG Vickers VCAS.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
BFG Vickers VCAS.
View Quote
This.. the gold standard.... comes un padded or padded... plenty of adjustment for normal humans....
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:25:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Here ya go OP.

VTAC Mk2 is the padded sling. They are pretty much the go to. USSOCOM uses them for a reason.

Close second is the VCAS non padded.

If your cheap you could go with the Boonie Packer 2P AOTM Combat Sling.

VTAC use video
View Quote
First time I used one back in 03, that tail got hung up multiple times getting in/out of a Humvee...I got it for free from some one on Light fighter…

I paid it forward and sent it to some one else...  not a big fan. Something to be weary off if you're going to use it around vehicles.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
X3
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Padded VTAC.
This
X3
I love the Vtac but don't get the padded one.
I did and went to a carbine class and the pad kept me from adjusting in positions for the class.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
X3
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Padded VTAC.
This
X3
I love the Vtac but don't get the padded one.
I did and went to a carbine class and the pad kept me from adjusting in positions for the class.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 6:35:14 PM EDT
[#14]
The V tac  and Vickers are both excellent. I’ve used the Vickers forever and don’t see a need to try the VTAC.  I do run a magpul convertible ( forget model number )  for use in and out of vehicles.  I wear it as a single point detached from the rifle while in the vehicle - no sling to get snagged on anything while inside or getting in and out of vehicle   Convert to 2 point when I get out and am able to.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

First time I used one back in 03, that tail got hung up multiple times getting in/out of a Humvee...

not a big fan. Something to be weary off if you're going to use it around vehicles.
View Quote
Was it one of the older ones without the Velcro to keep the tail attached to the front of the sling?

ETA: just checked out the Ferro slingster- it's a backwards VTAC, Alice adjuster and all.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
BFG Vickers VCAS.
View Quote
+1

Or Ferro Concepts Slingster
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 8:51:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I like my Magpul MS3
View Quote
I have several MS1 slings. Great basic 2 pointer
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Was it one of the older ones without the Velcro to keep the tail attached to the front of the sling?

ETA: just checked out the Ferro slingster- it's a backwards VTAC, Alice adjuster and all.
View Quote
I believe it was.. Never cared for the design. the VCAS was way more ingenious with the metal (then later plastic) slider.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:47:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I like my Magpul MS3
View Quote
This is my choice. Excellent sling.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 6:06:13 AM EDT
[#20]
BFG VCAS. It's been my work and personal sling for 7.5 years and I wouldn't go any other way.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#21]
RB1 Combat Sling is awesome.

It's not padded (I'm personally not a fan of padded as I have a thinner frame and I can never get all the adjustment I want) but the neck sleeve is a nice touch. I can't remember off the top of my head if the front HK hook is removable (thus replaceable with QD). Light weight and simple. Excellent build quality too (made by LBT).

https://redbackone.com/products/rb1-combat-sling

I have never tried a VTAC so I can't compare, though they seem to be well regarded. I have had several BFG VCAS and there's nothing wrong with them (still have a BFG SOC-C, but it is just a spare at this point); I do prefer the lighter material of the RB1. I also have a Magpul MS1; I prefer the Magpul material and its length adjuster over the VCAS.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 1:28:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Don't know if you guys are tracking these at all, but I've been swapping my carbine and work rifle out now.

https://www.geardynamics.ca/store/quick-adjust-sling

Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#23]
I like Savvysniper slings. Doesn’t seem to get hung up on things and he will make it to order.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Padded or non padded BFG sling.  I prefer non padded but they are the only slings on my ARs.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:04:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Ive been using the VCAS for years and its a solid design. The plastic slider version is the one to get unless you are required to have a metal slider. My current go to sling is the SO Tech Cheetah....cheap, super easy to adjust, and works great.

Padded slings are a waste to me for carbines
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:38:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Padded VTAC.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:21:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Ferro Concepts
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:51:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Padded VTAC.
View Quote
this, just love the damn thing
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:38:32 AM EDT
[#29]
VTAC padded with a quick detatch on the front mid top rail.
This is how I've set up for two deployments.
Vickers is VERY similar so for me, the quick detatch is key.
You can't go wrong with either one.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:56:24 AM EDT
[#30]
I like my slingsters
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:50:15 AM EDT
[#31]
I have a magpul ms1 with end points I need. I can setup this up as a one or two point sling.   Very comfortable.  The sling material is very pliable, so no digging anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Im full Vickers, all the way. Only negative is limited adjustment. I like the medic sling version for the ability to cinch it up or let it out for armor or no armor very quickly.  It basically has to be set to minimim size though and cannot have padding. I have found padding to not help comfort in the long run, only width. You want to wear a collar if neck cutting is the issue. You want a lighter gun if it pulls too hard from weight, not padding.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top