Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2021 9:05:01 PM EDT
well since my ps90 didn't sell, i guess i'll keep it and eFile the Form1.  

who does everyone go to for the barrel chop? I've used Class3Machining, but before I contact him, I didn't know if i had to get him the exact details on barrel length and thread. i usually tape off where i want my barrel chopped and they were typically standard 1/2x28 threads.  As far as I know the P90 is threaded M12x1 LH and 10.4" length.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:17:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#2]
TROSUSA has been doing this longer than all of them.

Trosusa
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:45:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I had Class 3 Machining turn my PS90 cut-off into a proper P90 barrel.  Looks identical to the CMMG one I used to SBR with originally. No issues with “flaking” or whatever that made up problem was. He has the proper dimensions for the P90, he’s cut tons of these over the years. I’ve had Morgan do so many weird projects for me, I trust him to do whatever he says he can do.

TROS is awesome too, but they used to want a copy of your Form 1 before doing anything. Do they still want that? May not be a huge deal, but I always thought “nunya!” when I read it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Trosusa did mine back in 2013, no issues to think of. Very satisfied with the barrel cut down job for my PS90 sbr.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had Class 3 Machining turn my PS90 cut-off into a proper P90 barrel.  Looks identical to the CMMG one I used to SBR with originally. No issues with “flaking” or whatever that made up problem was. He has the proper dimensions for the P90, he’s cut tons of these over the years. I’ve had Morgan do so many weird projects for me, I trust him to do whatever he says he can do.

TROS is awesome too, but they used to want a copy of your Form 1 before doing anything. Do they still want that? May not be a huge deal, but I always thought “nunya!” when I read it.
View Quote

TROS still requires a copy of the approved form 1 before they will cut the barrel.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the suggestions!

Anyone know what Tros’ lead times are? It’s been a while but if I recall, it took me a while to get some work done from him.

Morgan is pretty fast.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:06:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
TROSUSA has been doing this longer than all of them.

Trosusa
View Quote

This is the way. I did use Class 3 for my 17 though and both worked out great. Tros is just *the* name for the PS90.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:10:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Disregard, didn't read 100% the OP
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:46:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Im curios what were you asking for the PS90?

I used a Aftermarket barrel for mine.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Im curios what were you asking for the PS90?

I used a Aftermarket barrel for mine.
View Quote

i wanted above retail. i know it sucks but if i want to get an SP5 right now, i'm looking at 4k and was looking to make up some of the difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top