Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2018 11:43:18 PM EDT
Am getting ready to retire and things are starting to catch up with me. Got neuropathy and arthritis in my hands which won't get any better as time goes on. Not crying about, shit happens. Want to get something set up now right before I retire so I have the $$$ to get what I want.

LGS has the license to make SBS/SBR/AOW along with selling suppressors. Talked with them and they charge $60 for selling a pistol as an AOW. And that is with a $5 tax stamp. Want to get a Glock 34 since I use a Glock 19 now. Was looking at the ALG Defense 6 Second Mount **LINKAGE** with appropriate  Aimpoint Micro with a VFG/light. Am getting a threaded barrel so I can use a suppressor. The suppressor is going to be ordered in early June when I get my retention bonus. Was thinking of a Brass stacker **LINKAGE** 'charging handle' to add to it.

This is a list of what the G34 will have:

• G34
  • Threaded barrel
  • suppressor
  • ALG 6 Second Mount
  • Aimpoint Micro
  • VFG
  • Light
  • Charging handle

Anyone used a pistol with a VFG as an AOW? How did it work out?
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 11:54:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure a forward grip would be any better for you or not.  It's more awkward in a pistol than a typical 2-handed grip.
Quoted:
Was looking at the ALG Defense 6 Second Mount...
View Quote

If you go that route, that is a better option than just bolting a front grip directly do the rail on the frame.  I've seen video of these breaking off and people shooting themselves in the hand.

Just a suggestion, while it would cost you an extra $195 in taxes, you could register the gun as an SBR rather than an AOW.  That way, you could still legally set it up the way you described.  But you then also have the option to install a buttstock if you want as well.

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#2]
If I was going to do all that I would just get a Roni stock and SBR it, build a pistol caliber carbine, or a Roni brace.

The setup as you list it seems large and awkward.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 7:24:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like you want the B&T USW, or at least the concept of it. I would do an SBR as at least you would have the option of a stock in the future.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Well instead of going the AOW-inviting-the-man-into-your-life route, how about putting a ENDO adapter on to it and a tailhook/shockwave/SB Brace? Gives you the next best thing to a SBR, saves you $200, avoids the stupidity of interstate travel restrictions with your pistol, and means that if you omit the VFG, you get to skip any NFA headache as well.

Link Posted: 5/14/2018 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#5]
FYI, the Endo does NOT work on the Gen 4s or 5s. I've seen one modded for a gen 4 but a lot of material was removed to make it work, the guy who makes the Endo doesn't recommend it. He talked of doing a gen 4 version years ago but it never happened. If Endo ever makes a g4 version I'd try one on my G40, but the G5s are already here, and nothing.

I have the Roni STAB, highly recommend it, but they do not have a version for a G34.

IMI defense has also just rolled out their KIDON pistol conversion kit which seems to be their version of the Roni, takes a std AR buffer tube and comes either with a stock for SBR or without if you want to brace it. Pricey though, starting at $550, and this one doesn't work with a long slide Glock either.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I was going to do all that I would just get a Roni stock and SBR it, build a pistol caliber carbine, or a Roni brace.

The setup as you list it seems large and awkward.
View Quote
This, Roni micro...

SBR:

Braced Pistol:

Suppressed:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top