Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2020 2:20:41 PM EDT
I'm have feeding issues with 200gr cone tip semi waddcutters. They are getting stuck on the top edge of the chamber mouth.

It's a Lone Wolf Alpha and is new. As mentioned in the title it's a Glock 21 gen 3.

I did notice the chamber mouth was left completely sharp not even the slightest corner break.

Are there any of you guys using this barrel and type of bullet successfully. I know some guns/barrels prefer certain bullet profiles. Thanks.

Motor
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#1]
The aftermarket barrels usually have tighter, target chambers for better accuracy and you're right, the edge is normally left sharp.  I've just slightly broken the sharp edge from about 2 to 10 0'clock on a couple of barrels to cure finicky feeding.  Start light and just knock the sharp edge off.  The last one I did was in 2004 and since then some 9,000+ rds of trouble free feeding.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The aftermarket barrels usually have tighter, target chambers for better accuracy and you're right, the edge is normally left sharp.  I've just slightly broken the sharp edge from about 2 to 10 0'clock on a couple of barrels to cure finicky feeding.  Start light and just knock the sharp edge off.  The last one I did was in 2004 and since then some 9,000+ rds of trouble free feeding.
View Quote

Thanks. I did what you suggested and used a buffer with a little paste on my dremel to polish the edge break. It's easily less than .005" break. Next will be to see if she'll run.

Motor
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Update:
After breaking the edge leading into the chamber and polishing afterwards it worked flawlessly. :)

Motor
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:29:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad to hear it worked out well for ya Motor1.  Enjoy your Glock.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sounds a lot like throating a 1911 barrel.
View Quote

The actual amount of metal removed was so small it would take a good magnifying glass to even see it. It was just a deburring operation really. The effects were amazing.

It's a shame that these manufacturers no longer take the time to actually finish the job.

Motor
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 9:47:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I had to do that when I began to shoot 10mm.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The actual amount of metal removed was so small it would take a good magnifying glass to even see it. It was just a deburring operation really. The effects were amazing.

It's a shame that these manufacturers no longer take the time to actually finish the job.

Motor
View Quote
Nobody reads the directions, but I would make a strong bet they say that gunsmith installation is recommended.

In this case, you are the gunsmith.  Pay yourself!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top