Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2018 3:19:53 PM EDT
I'm cheap, so hard to beat free. Just the basic belt, no padding/molle yet.

I have almost no knowledge of a good way to set up a war belt, so any suggestions would be welcome. My initial thinking is that I'd like something lower profile than a padded setup, like what BH! has.

Some expanding information. It's a 2.5" web belt.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
(flamesuit on) look at what James Yeager says.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:11:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
And what does James Yeager say ?
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 11:50:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Park your keister and ditch that belt.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And what does James Yeager say ?
Park your keister and ditch that belt.
lol

OP, it's not 1999 anymore. Blackhawk is dated junk IMO. Sure, you could make it work, but you'd be better off going with modern gear. Like a HSGI Suregrip. You can pick one up used for like $30-40. If that's too thick for you, there are plenty of low profile war belts that don't suck.

If you're really worried about cost, buy ACU pouches to go with it. No one wants that pattern so they are cheap. You can always dye or spray paint them a better color.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 6:52:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm guessing you have one like THIS?
If so it's an A.L.I.C.E type belt. Not the best but still useable.
Use it as the inner belt for a molle sleeve or directly attach pouches & use it as an outer belt.
THIS thread is nothing but that & a pretty good resource.
Otherwise you can still find actual Alice gear pretty cheap, ditch the metal clips, & directly tie the pouches to the belt with para cord.
Personally I would probably just put the minimal amount on there and slowly build a nicer belt.
Then you could use the BH! As a backup or handout.
Or maybe set it up for a rifle/pistol combo you don't use quite as much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top