Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2021 4:48:15 PM EDT
Looks like the old TP9 thread got archived.

Anyone buy a Gigliotti Rifle works charging handle?
I am so out of the loop that these have been around for a year or so before I stumbled on them.
Looks legit and is offered in aluminum.

The 2nd gen factory handle still doesn't have enough surface for me.

2nd gen left 1st gen right

ALSO

Does anyone have a lead on the B&T factory TP9/MP9 spare parts kits? B&T USA told me to pound sand and all the other retailers are OOS.
Also looking for a complete TP9-N ambi magazine release which is unobtanium in the USA.

BT30232 Small Kit

BT30233 Large kit

Link Posted: 1/3/2022 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you ever buy the charging handle?
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you ever buy the charging handle?
View Quote

Nope.
The owner is great and so is the product.
It looks like the best option for the TP9 and is made exceptionally well.
Hopefully they get some publicity.

I am looking at dumping the platform.
I have been a huge proponent since DSA.
I can't get new factory parts from BT USAfor my DSA TP9 and do not want a TP9-N.

Link Posted: 1/4/2022 1:14:34 PM EDT
[#3]
To future travelers… take note, this gun isn’t what picture threads might make you think.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 2:28:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
To future travelers… take note, this gun isn’t what picture threads might make you think.
View Quote

It does look gangbusters though

Ive always been TP9 curious
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I got one recently. The trigger is really horrible.

I don't mind the factory charging handle (Gen 2). I don't think I'd want one that sticks out.
I got the belt holster for it also. Still waiting on a stock from BT-parts.com. They delivered on the mags.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 3:13:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah the trigger is the only limiting factor of the gun imo.  "Maybe" that there is no rail section on the left hand side.  Considering you can't really put much of anything on the right side and still be able to fold the stock.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah the trigger is the only limiting factor of the gun imo.  "Maybe" that there is no rail section on the left hand side.  Considering you can't really put much of anything on the right side and still be able to fold the stock.
View Quote

Shit I just wanted some small parts.
I have been a B&T supporter since they were first available in the US and have helped some people here with theirs.

I accepted the shortcomings because there isn't anything else in the size/weight profile. 5" barrel vs. the Glock 26 length barrels on the " Compact" B&T blow back guns.

Hell I had to email Karl himself to get a print manual back in the day when DSAs phone girl told me I would have to pay for a manual for my NIB TP9.
(Still have the manual and saved the envelope).

Link Posted: 1/6/2022 2:16:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gassy when suppressed, action opens too fast/early, cheek slap, screw that holds the stock in WILL strip, no flare on the grip magwell, mags are garbage and one malfunction can ruin lips, does absolutely zero things better than a flux Glock, sights are useless… AND yea the trigger sucks.

Looks cool in picture threads tho.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 7:54:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Gassy when suppressed, action opens too fast/early, cheek slap, screw that holds the stock in WILL strip, no flare on the grip magwell, mags are garbage and one malfunction can ruin lips, does absolutely zero things better than a flux Glock, sights are useless AND yea the trigger sucks.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gassy when suppressed, action opens too fast/early, cheek slap, screw that holds the stock in WILL strip, no flare on the grip magwell, mags are garbage and one malfunction can ruin lips, does absolutely zero things better than a flux Glock, sights are useless AND yea the trigger sucks.

Well as it stands the mags are fine.  Same with the mag well.  Who uses iron sights?  
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have been a B&T supporter since they were first available in the US and have helped some people here with theirs.

I accepted the shortcomings because there isn't anything else in the size/weight profile. 5" barrel vs. the Glock 26 length barrels on the " Compact" B&T blow back guns.

Hell I had to email Karl himself to get a print manual back in the day when DSAs phone girl told me I would have to pay for a manual for my NIB TP9.

View Quote

Not sure which models you’re referring to, but I think the APC9k and GHM9k both have a ~4.25” barrel without the tri-lug. That’s between a G19 and G17, not a G26 length barrel. Not a big deal for 9mm to me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not sure which models you’re referring to, but I think the APC9k and GHM9k both have a ~4.25” barrel without the tri-lug. That’s between a G19 and G17, not a G26 length barrel. Not a big deal for 9mm to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was being facetious.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:06:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I bought a Gigliotti CH. It was too short to install. Noticeably shorter than the factory CH. Gigliotti would not accept a return so I sold it. If it had fit I believe it would have been really nice.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 2:03:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

FYI, Tar Heel State Firearms has the small parts kit (BT-30232) in stock.  LINK
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Question for those that have done the Form 1 SBR route:  What is the model number to use?  The engraved plate just says "TP9", but the large billboard on the side says "TP9-US".  Don't want my F1 kicked back for issues.....  Eforms wants pictures of the engravings too.

Link Posted: 4/7/2022 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Question for those that have done the Form 1 SBR route:  What is the model number to use?  The engraved plate just says "TP9", but the large billboard on the side says "TP9-US".  Don't want my F1 kicked back for issues.....  Eforms wants pictures of the engravings too.

View Quote
Take it with a grain of salt, but this was before the new changes of uploading pics of the engravings, but I used TP9-US.  It was the same situation where the metal tag said TP9 but the gun was stamped as TP9-US.  I think I asked the same question back then and I saw people do it both ways and got it approved.  So I'm not sure whats actually correct now.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Gassy when suppressed, action opens too fast/early, cheek slap, screw that holds the stock in WILL strip, no flare on the grip magwell, mags are garbage and one malfunction can ruin lips, does absolutely zero things better than a flux Glock, sights are useless… AND yea the trigger sucks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got to agree with all the points. I own essentially every accessory and it looks absolutely awesome. In practice however its a terribly thought out weapon that does almost nothing better than a standard pistol and many things much worse. Not worth they money at all unless you just want something nice to look at.

It need better sights even a mod for standard pistol sights or something would be better. Its gassy, plastic where it should be metal, and would be much better served by some sort of striker fired trigger (current squishy, long travel, grainy trigger is horrible). Hell they even put the side pic rail on the wrong side where its impractical to mount anything without a tape switch and almost everything interferes with folding the stock, its mind numbingly stupid.

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:19:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Finally got my stamp for the can.  got to the range.

20yds since they don't have a 25 and it was poring down rain.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top