Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2017 8:21:06 PM EDT
I have both. My IMR5010 smells like new powder and is in the white jug, not the talon stuff best I can tell.

I have a good variety of surplus bullets as well as some new SA ball bullets.

Can someone explain if the 860 vs the 5010 will make a difference? I believe I got the 5010 for tracers but this will be for AP and ball rounds. I'd just like to use up some of the surplus powder before I go buy new stuff.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 8:34:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I use both 5010 and 860 for ap and ball. My start load is 215 grain for both powders and stuck with 215 for my M107a1 20"
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a shit ton of 872wc years ago and use it for api amd fmj. Match i use the H50. Since the fmj surplus dried up and loaded ammo is so cheap i havent loaded in years for fmj
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 6:16:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a shit ton of 872wc years ago and use it for api amd fmj. Match i use the H50. Since the fmj surplus dried up and loaded ammo is so cheap i havent loaded in years for fmj
View Quote
Hey can you let us know what 50 you have and what loads you use for WC-872. Is there a reason you use WC-872 over other powders? (I'm guessing you use it because it's cheap)

I'm just looking for some starting load data for WC-872 since it's a pulled 20mm powder there isn't much load data around.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Would I be smart to sell my AP and FMJ projectiles and use the proceeds for Solids? Seems like they are pretty damn close pricewise nowadays. Is there anything I need to know about loading the conventional looking solids? Not the bore riders.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 10:22:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Would I be smart to sell my AP and FMJ projectiles and use the proceeds for Solids? Seems like they are pretty damn close pricewise nowadays. Is there anything I need to know about loading the conventional looking solids? Not the bore riders.
View Quote
If you're really looking for match grade stuff then solids are the way to go. A lot of people use to use AP and ball, but people are getting better results out of solids.

I am also looking for AP and maybe some FMJs if you are looking to sell them.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 3:17:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hey can you let us know what 50 you have and what loads you use for WC-872. Is there a reason you use WC-872 over other powders? (I'm guessing you use it because it's cheap)

I'm just looking for some starting load data for WC-872 since it's a pulled 20mm powder there isn't much load data around.
View Quote
Ar50, yep wideners use to sell it really cheap years ago. I believe we all use 200 grains as a starting/plink load. Mine are 215 for api,ap, fmj
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you ARsR4ME, I appreciate that. I am really trying to piece together decent starting to mid loads for .50 and it has been difficult. 215gr seems to be one of those magic numbers from waht I am gathering.

So I am working on getting a load together for those 750gr Lehigh solids. At 1.33 each that is cheap for something that high quality. I bought 40 just to test them out. I am super excited and need to try and get some load data together for them and the 750 AMAXs as well.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 1:40:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top