Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2021 5:36:50 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Back in 2012 I bought this one from Numrich.  It's post war and HK marked.  It has the optic and battery pack.  I don't know much about it at all.

Were these made for the MG3?

Do other models work with them?

Have you ever seen other guns adapted to use one?

Link Posted: 3/10/2021 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup mg3.  Theres cradles for 1919's fitted for them.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 6:07:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a friend with a BSA Browning .303 flexible AC gun he has made an adaptor for to fit one.......nice and stable.

At one point, both the MG3 and Bren tripods were so cheap, they were a no-brainer to buy and adapt for other guns
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought it because I had a semi auto RPD on order from DS Arms and then the SAFE ACT came to NY.  I thought I'd try to adapt it somehow.  DSA didn't build the gun in time for me to accept it.  

Trying to brainstorm a use for tripod.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 5:35:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I got one last year. They are nice.

They are for the MG3 which means it can run a MG42.
There have been modifications done to these mounts to run HK, but that was a lot of work to lift the mounting points. I think one company actually makes a adapter to run the HK.

I run a MG34 (with an TGW adapter) on it. Works great. Very happy with it. I need to look up the instructions how to properly use it. So far I've only aimed and pulled the lever.  Note that to make the trigger work, I reversed the finger and added some hard foam to get it into the right position to pull the trigger.
Later I'll 3d print a real part or 3d print an sleeve adapter.

Yours look like it is slightly better condition.. The guy who owned it before didn't collapse the front leg and it ripped the padding just in the middle, sides look great. I wish I could find a replacement. Otherwise some military OD green duck tape is going to cover it up. Wanna sell/trade+cash your panel?
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got one last year. They are nice.

They are for the MG3 which means it can run a MG42.
There have been modifications done to these mounts to run HK, but that was a lot of work to lift the mounting points. I think one company actually makes a adapter to run the HK.

I run a MG34 (with an TGW adapter) on it. Works great. Very happy with it. I need to look up the instructions how to properly use it. So far I've only aimed and pulled the lever.  Note that to make the trigger work, I reversed the finger and added some hard foam to get it into the right position to pull the trigger.
Later I'll 3d print a real part or 3d print an sleeve adapter.

Yours look like it is slightly better condition.. The guy who owned it before didn't collapse the front leg and it ripped the padding just in the middle, sides look great. I wish I could find a replacement. Otherwise some military OD green duck tape is going to cover it up. Wanna sell/trade+cash your panel?
View Quote
Thanks but I'll keep this one as is.  A tear would bother me too.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 11:19:04 PM EDT
[#6]
No problem.
What about your optics? Does your lens cover still work? If you do still have it attached, but getting brittle.. You can use some wd40 to soften it a bit
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 6:18:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm not sure. It's about 300 miles away in storage.

I will check once I'm done relocating.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Just remembered that someone had modified it to run a M16.. So if you have the skill, you can build it to run other guns.
Only trick is to make sure the trigger finger can pull the trigger guard. Can't remember is the M16 was lever pulled or manual trigger pull.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top