Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2022 9:24:51 AM EDT
Gunbroker Link

Is this a good deal on an XCR Gen 1? I’ve always been partial to the FAL stock.  What would be your upper limit on a bid?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#1]
The buy it now price is good. I have the pistol version and it’s an awesome weapon.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#2]
This would be my only “non-ar” so I’m hoping to steal it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Everythign is insane right now. I wouldn't call that a "good deal" its more than I've paid for both of mine. But "in times like these", it's not bad and I don't think anything is getting cheaper...
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Everythign is insane right now. I wouldn't call that a "good deal" its more than I've paid for both of mine. But "in times like these", it's not bad and I don't think anything is getting cheaper...
View Quote

Oh ok good to know. I looked on Robinson’s website and saw between $2,000-$2,300, and figured I was in on a good deal. I recognize it’s two generations old.  

Anything wrong with the Gen 1’s? Are they notorious for anything breaking that the later gens fixed?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Look through the Robinson Armament Parts Guide and price out what you may have to or may want to replace. It lays out the differences in the 3 Gens, then factor it in the overall cost from the one on GB.

Or, would it just be better to get the latest Gen for the money??

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Given today's insanity, that's a good price. Get it.

Both my brother and I have Gen 1 XCRs. Mine has the upgraded bolt and trigger. Both have been absolutely flawless and superbly accurate.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#7]
You can upgrade it to current specs for very little.  The older ones are pretty solid though.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:17:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Look through the Robinson Armament Parts Guide and price out what you may have to or may want to replace. It lays out the differences in the 3 Gens, then factor it in the overall cost from the one on GB.

Or, would it just be better to get the latest Gen for the money??

View Quote

This seems like good advice, thanks for posting the link I’ll check out the damage.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:18:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You can upgrade it to current specs for very little.  The older ones are pretty solid though.
View Quote

I really like the look/simplicity of quad rail and FAL stock.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would only bother upgrading the trigger if it has the original HTS. I think I paid $125. The enhanced trigger is the peer or better of any high-end AR trigger.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 11:04:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Gunbroker Link

Is this a good deal on an XCR Gen 1? I’ve always been partial to the FAL stock.  What would be your upper limit on a bid?
View Quote

I have a mid-600's SN XCR that has been absolutely bulletproof since I got it in 2005 or 6 new. I didn't look at your link, but it would be a $1000 gun to me in perfect condition. The newer trigger, stock, and lighter handguard are worth the difference to me, so at that point I'd just get another new XCR if it went over that.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Gunbroker Link

View Quote

Not for the price it sold for.

It has the original gas block, and probably the original trigger. Upgrading both of those is a must IMHO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top