Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2018 5:24:39 PM EDT
I just (as in today) took possession of a Gemtech Aurora II.  Which was planned to go on a Glock 43 with a Silencerco threaded barrel.  The problem being that the Aurora does not mate up on the barrel shoulder until the non-threaded portion is about 1/16 inch inside the suppressor.  It does bottom out, but so far back on the barrel that it interferes with proper cycling.  Does anyone know of a barrel that is about 1/16 or 3/32 longer than a Silencerco barrel?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea most g43 barrels arw too short.  You need a xcaliber barrel.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#2]
G43 barrels are too thin to have a shoulder to index on. Silencerco and X-Caliber G43 barrels both require a piston that has an internal index so that the pistol can index on the muzzle. Not sure if the Aurora II is capable of indexing off the muzzle.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#3]
You may be right.  It indexes properly on a threaded G19 barrel, and the G43 barrel is significantly thinner.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You may be right.  It indexes properly on a threaded G19 barrel, and the G43 barrel is significantly thinner.
View Quote
If I remember correctly the SiCo barrel ships with a special piston.

Essentially it will only interface with that piston. So SiCo griffin and rugged cans for that barrel.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:37:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just (as in today) took possession of a Gemtech Aurora II.  Which was planned to go on a Glock 43 with a Silencerco threaded barrel.  The problem being that the Aurora does not mate up on the barrel shoulder until the non-threaded portion is about 1/16 inch inside the suppressor.  It does bottom out, but so far back on the barrel that it interferes with proper cycling.  Does anyone know of a barrel that is about 1/16 or 3/32 longer than a Silencerco barrel?  Thanks in advance.
View Quote
I talked to Gemtech back in the day regarding this issue and they told me that when they tested the Aurora on the G43, they used a S3F threaded barrel.  At that time it was next to impossible to source on of those barrels, so I found that the Olympic Cerakote g43 threaded barrel functions just fine with my Aurora.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Excellent.  I just ordered one of the S3F barrels.  Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top