Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2018 6:33:02 PM EDT
I was thinking of getting a Geissele Super Precision scope mount for my Scar, but I'm a little concerned about the locking nuts getting in the way when racking the charging handle.
Does anyone have experience with this mount? Will this be an issue?

Thanks for any input!
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive never used that mount, but do you have an angled charging handle? That helps if you don't want to switch the charging handle side.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I have that set up on my SCAR 17 and use the GG&G angled charging handle. It seems like many of the appropriate mounts for the SCAR need the angled charging handle
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have that set up on my SCAR 17 and use the GG&G angled charging handle. It seems like many of the appropriate mounts for the SCAR need the angled charging handle
View Quote
Second this setup. If you have the stock CH say goodbye to some knuckle skin.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 8:14:14 AM EDT
[#4]
It sounds like I need to go with an angled charging handle. I will check them out.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 12:30:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a geissele mount, which was such a beautiful piece of machining but sold it because of the charging handle interference.  I didn't want to use an angled handle or switch to the right side so I ended up getting an american defense socom which is also really nice and no hand damage.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 8:02:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I run my charging handle on the right hand side of the rifle, so I use the Geissele SOPMOD Vortex mount with no issues.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 7:59:09 PM EDT
[#7]
If it's a 0 MOA mount you could just spin it around so the nuts are on the right side. It'd look a little odd but it'd work.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If it's a 0 MOA mount you could just spin it around so the nuts are on the right side. It'd look a little odd but it'd work.
View Quote
Are most of you guys going with 0moa or 20moa for say a NF NX8 whether it lived on my scar or switched to my AR every now and then?
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are most of you guys going with 0moa or 20moa for say a NF NX8 whether it lived on my scar or switched to my AR every now and then?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since I'm running a Vortex Razor 1x6 on mine,  I have the 0 moa mount
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Anything I use for 1k yards or so I go for the 20moa mount. Everything else gets a 0moa mount.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 7:31:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Anything I use for 1k yards or so I go for the 20moa mount. Everything else gets a 0moa mount.
View Quote
Seems simple enough. Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top