Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2023 4:27:50 PM EDT
I have a 14.5" upper with a Geissele Super Gas block and handguard, and was thinking of swapping a URX 3.1 I have onto it.

Will that gas block fit under the URX?
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 5:23:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, but is there a reason you want to use that gas block instead of something better?
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Something better? It's a gas block, and it's already installed on the barrel with a pin.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 10:05:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I have never seen a Geissele gas block that had a good seal. The last two I had were like hotdogs down hallways with Colt barrels.

If you're happy with it, more power to you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 10:20:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Ah, gotcha. It seemed ok when I put it on, but I’ve never fired it, so I guess I will see.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a 14.5" upper with a Geissele Super Gas block and handguard, and was thinking of swapping a URX 3.1 I have onto it.

Will that gas block fit under the URX?
View Quote

you'll have to file/sand/shave a bit of the lower portion of the gas block so it fully clears the rail, specifically around the area where the cross pin would be installed.  had to do it on my 11.5" with 10.75" URX3.1 and 14.5" with 13.5" URX3.1.

T
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 4:10:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

you'll have to file/sand/shave a bit of the lower portion of the gas block so it fully clears the rail, specifically around the area where the cross pin would be installed.  had to do it on my 11.5" with 10.75" URX3.1 and 14.5" with 13.5" URX3.1.

T
View Quote
This has been my experience as well using 3.1 and a G gas block. The extended lobes for a pin either make contact or come extremely  close to making contact. Like, microns of clearance. It's a no go.

I'm using a SOLGW block under mine and it clears everything fine. Mine is not pinned and I don't lose any sleep over that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

T
View Quote

Thanks for the info. Would I need to lose the pin? That wouldn't bother me necessarily. Are the SBG set screw holes spacing the same as other options that will fit?
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info. Would I need to lose the pin? That wouldn't bother me necessarily. Are the SBG set screw holes spacing the same as other options that will fit?
View Quote

cant recal the spacing the the geissele gas block set screws off the top of my head.  that being said, you should still be able to use the cross pin if its already installed on the barrel without any issues.  30 seconds with a flat file and the gas block would be clearanced enough to fit the rail.  it's not much as noted above, just need a bit taken off.

thanks,

T
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 7:54:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

cant recal the spacing the the geissele gas block set screws off the top of my head.  that being said, you should still be able to use the cross pin if its already installed on the barrel without any issues.  30 seconds with a flat file and the gas block would be clearanced enough to fit the rail.  it's not much as noted above, just need a bit taken off.

thanks,

T
View Quote

Cool, thanks, Doesn't sound too bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top