Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2018 12:59:05 PM EDT
So I get the ATF doesn’t consider  this brace as one that reclassifies a pistol when it’s attached.

But what’s the deal with shooting the tailhook from the shoulder?

I can’t seem to get a straight answer and people are completely ok with not SBR’ing their pistols now that this device in on the market.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't be obtuse.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't be obtuse.
View Quote
Thanks Andy.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 3:32:52 PM EDT
[#3]
You should probably ask the ATF
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm shouldering mine right now!

Just kidding, I would never do that, it's a pistol!
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude...just stop.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 7:20:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
So I get what the ATF says. But numberous GHW YouTube videos have people shooting from above the waste.

So is this just a case of do whatever you feel like and hope an agent isn’t  right behind you?
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So I get what the ATF says. But numberous GHW YouTube videos have people shooting from above the waste.

So is this just a case of do whatever you feel like and hope an agent isn’t  right behind you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its legal to misuse a brace.  I have seen people shoulder them on YT and at the range.

B&T GHM9 9mm Pistol with Tailhook Brace!
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:14:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Its legal to misuse a brace.  I have seen people shoulder them on YT and at the range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnEk9PkMu84
View Quote
You put that PERFECTLY. Thanks man.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Questions like this to the ATF are the reason shouldering ever became an issue.  Please stop...
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Not all field agents got the memo, apparently. A buddy of mine recently got a visit from an ATF agent due to a gun he sold being used in a crime and he asked the agent about shouldering a brace, he said he would arrest on site if he saw someone shouldering a brace...
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#11]
That Agent needs to be informed on new policy changes.  Your buddy should call the local field office, or better yet HQ, to make sure their Agents are informed.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#12]
You can always do a "cheek" weld
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top