Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2020 7:40:24 PM EDT
Out of the blue, I was given this PC, with zero strings attached.  No quid pro quo whatsoever.  First item of gear I ever accepted.  Since I'm no longer Sr. Staff, it seemed OK.  Had some offers while I was Sr. Staff, but refused them.  After some back-and-forth, I wound up with a large CB PC.

Link to item: https://www.wtfidea.com/plate-carrier-06/

Review of item on WTF site under name "raf':
"Well-made, that's for sure. Minimalist, but one can add-on Mil-issue side and DAP armor pouches, if desired. Extremely tight fit for my Lvl IV ceramic plates, but slimmer plates might not be a problem Added front placard is probably a must, and that, too, is well-made. Accepts III-A soft armor no problem."

It's of apparent good quality.  Very little searing/burning of threads required.  Wide elastic Cummerbund is attached, front and rear, by velcro, so there is potential substitution, if desired.

As can be seen, a placard is required as a base for front pouch attachment.  https://www.wtfidea.com/pimps-modular-accessory-panel-00/.

Credentials:  I have a couple of iterations of LBT 6094 PCs, and am very familiar with the GI OTV.
This gift wound up costing me some money, as I bought some III-A soft armor inserts for it as well as some soft armor inserts for some DAPS I had lying around.  Already had side armor pouches, with included soft armor inserts available.  Placard was a no-brainer.

GI Side Armor carriers look like this: https://www.armynavysales.com/new-gi-side-plate-pocket-carrier.html, and DAPS look like this: https://www.entrygear.com/product.asp?id=BAE-7611  Scroll down for more and better pix of DAPS.   Entrygear is GTG as a vendor, can't speak to ArmyNavy Sales.

So, now I have a low-profile, configurable vest/PC, finally.  Something I can wear inconspicuously.

Disclaimer; No financial interest.

Submitted for consideration.

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Been going to their site for a while. At first it seemed like they were an airsoft company but all there stuff looks high quality and is made in USA.

I never bought any of their stuff as I have a bunch of web gear already except a PC. May have to get one since I like the minimalist ones
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Been going to their site for a while. At first it seemed like they were an airsoft company but all there stuff looks high quality and is made in USA.

I never bought any of their stuff as I have a bunch of web gear already except a PC. May have to get one since I like the minimalist ones
View Quote
WTF seems to have some interest in paintball/airsoft items, and some of their products reflect this.

It's worth noting that dedicated airsoft/paintball folks abuse their gear in the field, unlike "range-only" folks.  I believe it is short-sighted to automatically dismiss well-made airsoft/paintball gear.  The top-quality airsoft/paintball gear is pretty good stuff.

I have bought some minor items from them in the past.  Nothing like a PC.  All items bought GTG.  I reckon that's how they "gifted" me their PC.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 3:27:53 AM EDT
[#3]
The sizing seems to be odd. I'm just trying to figure out if my 10X12 plates will fit in a medium.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 3:53:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 3:59:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

WTF is awesome, buy with confidence. I'm glad to hear their plate carrier is GTG
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 3:59:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The sizing seems to be odd. I'm just trying to figure out if my 10X12 plates will fit in a medium.
View Quote

A medium SAPI is 9.5x12.5"
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

A medium SAPI is 9.5x12.5"
View Quote

Sweet. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Went ahead and ordered one. This seems like a great alternative to the Slickster.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:26:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I’ve got a new issued carrier inbound but have picked up some well-made and well-designed odds and ends from these guys.  For fitment, they have a FAQ on the linked page.

Notes:

"I have Size Large Shooter Cut plates."  Buy a 10x12 carrier.  A Size Large carrier is too long for Size Large Shooter Cut plates and fit will be less than optimal.

"I have 10x12 plates."  Buy a 10x12 carrier.  A Size Large carrier is too long for 10x12 plates and fit will be less than optimal.

"I have Hesco L210s."  Buy a 10x12 carrier.  A Size Large carrier is too long for 10x12 plates and fit will be less than optimal.

"I have Hesco 4401s."  Buy a 10x12 carrier.  A Size Large carrier is too long for 10x12 plates and fit will be less than optimal.

"I have Size Small SAPI plates."  Buy a Size Small carrier.

"I have Size Medium SAPI plates."  Buy a Size Medium carrier.

"I have Size Large SAPI plates."  Buy a Size Large carrier.

"I have Size X Large SAPI plates."  Buy a Size X Large carrier.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:15:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I looked at their placard (the one linked in first post) for my LV119, but I wasn't sure about the lack of stitching between the laser cut rows except for the middle. It seems to me it could potentially allow mag pouches to hang "out" from the carrier.

Anyone have experience with this placard?
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 9:52:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I looked at their placard (the one linked in first post) for my LV119, but I wasn't sure about the lack of stitching between the laser cut rows except for the middle. It seems to me it could potentially allow mag pouches to hang "out" from the carrier.

Anyone have experience with this placard?
View Quote
I have one.  The placard's slotted front material is stitched to its' backing around its' entire perimeter.  In addition, there is a hard-to-see vertical line of stitching down the middle of the slotted material.  As long as the mag pouches are properly attached to the placard, I have found no issues such as the one you mention.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 11:49:59 AM EDT
[#12]
They're a decent company, but don't get their inner belt. It's 2-3 pieces that are velcro'd together in order to fit anyone, but it's rather thick where they attach to each other.

This plate carrier seems decent, but I would probably just get an LBX one instead.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They're a decent company, but don't get their inner belt. It's 2-3 pieces that are velcro'd together in order to fit anyone, but it's rather thick where they attach to each other.

This plate carrier seems decent, but I would probably just get an LBX one instead.
View Quote
Can't speak to WTF "Inner Belt".  I have some LBX items, and they are very well made.  Unlike LBT, LBX's parent company, LBX items are almost all made overseas.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Funny timing, I was just looking at their carrier last month, but due to there almost no reviews I passed on it for an LEPC and now and Esstac ass. Cool that you like it, I might have to get some of his other gear one of these days.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Just ordered one of these. CB in the 10x12 size for my 4SAS7s. Grabbed a mayflower quad placard off a member here to go with it.

I was looking to get a slickster, but I can never snag one when they're in stock (), and I'm not paying over $200 for one.

This will be my intro to placards, and away from molle mounted pouches.

Only shitty thing, shipping was $20. Oh well, still cheaper compared to alternatives.

They also have God's plaid for folks into that.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:10:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I set up my WTF PC with III-A soft armor inserts front and back.  I also have available, specifically for this platform, some USGI side armor carriers, and some DAPS, the first with 6x8 III-A soft armor inserts, and the latter with 6x6 III-A soft armor inserts.  Had most of this stuff lying around.

Everything works as desired, and the whole rig is easily user-configurable.

I'm experimenting with "Anti-Stab" possibilities for this soft-armor platform. Please don't ask.

Link Posted: 12/9/2020 12:35:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Would you mind posting a pic of your setup with this carrier? I haven't found many pics of it besides the stock photos.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Would you mind posting a pic of your setup with this carrier? I haven't found many pics of it besides the stock photos.
View Quote
I added some links to pix in my OP above.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 11:23:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Just got mine in today.

First impressions: Definitely a nice piece of gear. Walked around the house with it and was pleased with the way it felt. However, I did replace the cummerbund with a Ferro Concepts one because I like having a place to put extra mags, an IFAK, etc.

Thanks for posting your review. I no longer feel the need up upgrade carriers for some time.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I received my 06 carrier today, along with my quad placard.

I bought the 10x12 size, as I have 10x12 Highcom 4sas7 multi curve plates. The fit is pretty much perfect. In other carriers I had to tape some foam to the bottom. Not the case with this one. It's not extremely tight, but just a perfect fit.

I am 6'3, 215lbs, 34" waist. I have a larger chest/back than waist. My plates form to me pretty well, but this carrier definitely forms to the body better than other carriers I have used (banshee, shellback low vis, JPC.)  I'm assuming it having to do with the fit of the plates in the plate bags.

This is the first time using a placard system on a PC. I like it so far, at least the concept of it. Going from plates only for under a jacket, to clipping on mags & comms is a great resource to have.

I have a Ferro mini dangler en route for my med supplies. I can add a pic when it arrives if anyone is interested in seeing it.

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I received my 06 carrier today, along with my quad placard.

I bought the 10x12 size, as I have 10x12 Highcom 4sas7 multi curve plates. The fit is pretty much perfect. In other carriers I had to tape some foam to the bottom. Not the case with this one. It's not extremely tight, but just a perfect fit.

I am 6'3, 215lbs, 34" waist. I have a larger chest/back than waist. My plates form to me pretty well, but this carrier definitely forms to the body better than other carriers I have used (banshee, shellback low vis, JPC.)  I'm assuming it having to do with the fit of the plates in the plate bags.

This is the first time using a placard system on a PC. I like it so far, at least the concept of it. Going from plates only for under a jacket, to clipping on mags & comms is a great resource to have.

I have a Ferro mini dangler en route for my med supplies. I can add a pic when it arrives if anyone is interested in seeing it.

https://i.imgur.com/Z0jXMAw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fM1iwOV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YXF04uL.jpg
View Quote
Glad you got some positive results from my review.  Helping out others is what this Forum is all about.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:48:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Thank you! :-)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top