BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I’d make extra copies of your receipt with s/n of the sentinel & data sheets and keep them together. And any correspondence or whatever type of evidence you might have to show you sold them (PayPal transaction, etc). Hopefully you notified the buyer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I’d make extra copies of your receipt with s/n of the sentinel & data sheets and keep them together. And any correspondence or whatever type of evidence you might have to show you sold them (PayPal transaction, etc). Hopefully you notified the buyer.
I have not notified the buyer because I don't remember who it was. I sold it in early 2018 I believe, but I also sold a few other tubes around then. I've been digging through stuff trying to find who it went to so I can let them know. No luck so far.

Quoted:

If anyone is in this type of situation, please send us the serial number via e-mail and we would be more than happy to provide a copy of paid invoices (names will be redacted if you are not the original purchaser) with original serial numbers annotated.

Note: Some records from 2015 or earlier may be more difficult to locate as we changed some record-keeping systems, but we will do our best to help out however possible.

~Augee
Thanks Augee, I will be doing that.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I was told by the dhs agent back in April that i did not need to try and contact anyone i sold the items to, not that i could track it back from 2015ish anyhow. It would be great if there was something updated from dhs, because i also received the form, but sold the tubes long ago as well, and did not keep any record of who it was who bought them. There is no option to voluntarily turn in something no longer posesed on the form.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:32:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting the time frame.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-requires-harris-and-l3-divest-harris-s-night-vision-business-proceed
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Interesting the time frame.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-requires-harris-and-l3-divest-harris-s-night-vision-business-proceed
View Quote
I am not sure I understand what you are getting at. They made them split it up prior to the merger, so 1 manufacturer would not have a monopoly on the technology. There wasn't really anything sinister about it from what I read.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:11:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have not notified the buyer because I don't remember who it was. I sold it in early 2018 I believe, but I also sold a few other tubes around then. I've been digging through stuff trying to find who it went to so I can let them know. No luck so far.
View Quote
I sincerely feel for all you guys who got caught up in this shit show.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:40:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I am not sure I understand what you are getting at. They made them split it up prior to the merger, so 1 manufacturer would not have a monopoly on the technology. There wasn't really anything sinister about it from what I read

The Timeframe was at the height that this "image tube drug dealer", was selling off all them tubes on the EE.  Same timeframe that those companies were merging.  Just interesting.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:40:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The Timeframe was at the height that this "image tube drug dealer", was selling off all them tubes on the EE.  Same timeframe that those companies were merging.  Just interesting.
View Quote
You’re referring to the wrong company. Lamneth didn’t work at Harris or L3 when this all went down.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 12:41:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:02:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Well good thing I checked this thread, I dont use the email DHS has on file very often anymore and received the property relinquishment form on Feb 6th

for those of you in the same situation this is the subject line to look for.
Re: Homeland Security Notification - Action Required
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:16:47 AM EDT
[#10]
This has got to be one of the most gut wrenching threads on arf.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This has got to be one of the most gut wrenching threads on arf.
View Quote
It is. I need a therapy group for it. Which is why I'm hanging out so much more here than I have in years past. Ya'll are my therapy group now. So post some cool stuff so I can get my mind off it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:57:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You’re referring to the wrong company. Lamneth didn’t work at Harris or L3 when this all went down.
View Quote
I never said that he did.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:18:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Exactly which aviation company did he work at then?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:57:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean, this thread is about what Lamneth did to members here and the follow up discussion on how the process is going, what people have to do from here on out, and people like TNVC offering to help those affected. You brought the dialogue about Harris selling off their NV business in the merger with L3, so if you didn't mean to insinuate that Lamneth had anything to do with them, what does it have to do with this discussion versus starting a different thread about that topic? What does it (Harris selling off the NV operation to merge with L3) have to do with this thread?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:23:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I mean, this thread is about what Lamneth did to members here and the follow up discussion on how the process is going, what people have to do from here on out, and people like TNVC offering to help those affected. You brought the dialogue about Harris selling off their NV business in the merger with L3, so if you didn't mean to insinuate that Lamneth had anything to do with them, what does it have to do with this discussion versus starting a different thread about that topic? What does it (Harris selling off the NV operation to merge with L3) have to do with this thread?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prob should have started a new thread on that one, it was just very interesting.

Oh thanks!!!! So it was ASU he worked for then.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:53:03 AM EDT
[#16]
After reading all of the post on this it is extremely sad to see the people who bought there items in good faith now loose them and there money with no real recourse to get anything back when this is all said and done. But now after reading all of this it has made me wonder if this ass hat also sold any of the items to people outside of the USA? If he didn't care about the rules etc he was to have followed (yes the company is to blame as well) and he was only selling items because he could and never expected to have been caught, then what would have stopped him from ignoring ITAR? Being from Canada and knowing what it's like to get anything night vision related here, one has to wonder if that could have happened as well. Non of this is fact but my curiosity has me wondering. I hope everyone affected gets some resolution of sorts when this is all over. Seeing some of the companies stepping up to help people involved is truly nice to see and should I ever be able to buy from them if things change under ITAR they have earned my business.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#17]
This whole thread sucks and really chaps my ass
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Update: Received a FedEx return label today from Hunter.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for pointing that out. Went too look in my inbox and I have a return label as well.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#21]
What a shit show this thread is.

One caveat is if this slime ball is convicted on Federal charges, he will be paying restitution to his victims by cleaning out toilets in prison.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Received my pre-paid fed ex label yesturday.  Put my prized item in the box and shipped it away today never to be seen or used again.  So much for that.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Received my pre-paid fed ex label yesturday.
View Quote
Hope they add the shipping expenses to his restitution bill. Those are our tax dollars at work to get the items into .gov hands for evidentiary purposes.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Glad uncle Sam did send the pre-paid label.  Having to send off gear is bad enough, and paying for that would have added salt to the wounds.  Maybe if we ever get restitution, (not holding my breath on that), I could purchase some gear from TNVC.  But in all honesty, with the way the judicial system works, I believe the thief is gonna walk free.  Far more times than not, the justice system protects the common thief.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 9:09:06 AM EDT
[#27]
I am also a winner of the Re: Homeland Security Notification - Action Required notification.

I had a as pleasant as can be conversation with Agent Hunter Durham yesterday, as he was a following up with a call from another contact I received sometime last year.  At the time I was told to hold on to what I still had and would be contacted. Since I didn't respond to the recent email (old mail account) I got a VM to call back.

What a sucker I am thinking it was a safe buy as the tube was a commercial, not government contracted unit!  So much for trying to get in the NV game on a budget.

Time to pack her up and send her away.

Restitution? I won't hold my breath!
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 9:16:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I am also a winner of the Re: Homeland Security Notification - Action Required notification.

I had a as pleasant as can be conversation with Agent Hunter Durham yesterday, as he was a following up with a call from another contact I received sometime last year.  At the time I was told to hold on to what I still had and would be contacted. Since I didn't respond to the recent email (old mail account) I got a VM to call back.

What a sucker I am thinking it was a safe buy as the tube was a commercial, not government contracted unit!  So much for trying to get in the NV game on a budget.

View Quote
Damn Paul,

Hate to hear you were wrapped up in this mess too. Still @ Colt?
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Tube sent out of country?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tube sent out of country?
Nope, stateside although I travel frequently.

Quoted:

Damn Paul,

Hate to hear you were wrapped up in this mess too. Still @ Colt?
No, victim of layoffs like so many others there. I hear the place is like a ghost town!
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#31]
DHS Acknowledgment and Update,

1. First I would like to thank the members of this community, who are assisting the investigation despite their personal loss and inconvenience. Your efforts are enabling and enhancing my ability to investigate. Your response to the consent request has allowed me to move through that tasking with lightning efficiency (for the government).

2. Next, the government should now be able to move swiftly into the next phases of this matter despite delays that will be caused by the current health care event. And yes, there will be a slight delay in this process due to the current health care crisis and its effects on the government/courts.

3. Expect the following: Each victim who has suffered a property/financial loss due to and your consent relinquishment will be placed onto a federal victim list managed by the DoJ Victim/Witness Coordinator here in the federal Western District of Virginia. At some point over the next month or so, the Coordinator will contact you and advise you of your rights under the Victim Witness Rights Act, which you may choose to exercise with our assistance. These include updates and information related to the criminal case and restitution.

4. If any of you have questions as we work through the health crisis delays then just email or phone me and I will respond accordingly.  

5. Again, I personally and professionally appreciate each of your efforts and understanding in this matter.

Hunter Durham
DHS/HSI
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 10:19:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 1:15:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Happy to help, f*ck that guy and thank you for the update.
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top