Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2023 1:46:32 PM EDT
I apologize if this is the wrong place for this, it seemed the closest area I could find. If there's a better place for this, please LMK and I'll gladly post it where advised, thanks everyone!!!

I've gotten to the point where any upper I plan on personally using for one thing or another, I pin the gas block. I should say I have it pinned, but most times I have the place I'm ordering it from do it for me, have it shipped directly to somewhere to do it, or just buy a barrell with one already pinned. Well, this current project came up outta nowhere and before I knew it, most the components are on my bench, and I don't know of anywhere around here, San Antonio, TX, that'll pin a gas block for a reasonable price and in a reasonable time-frame. I've been tossing around the idea of getting the jigs and set-up to do it myself, like I did everything else almost, but that isn't happening in the time frame I'm working with.

If it helps, the gas block is a V7 pin-on gas block that already has a hole where the cross-pin channel goes, and the barrel is dimpled as well, I just have no desire to chance drilling it myself. If nobody can be located in my immediate area, I'm willing to ship and pay for return shipping to anyone willing to do it, as well as compensate them for their time. Thanks in advance everyone!!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#1]
If you strike out local, ship it to https://retroarmsworks.com/

You won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 10:08:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll definitely keep him in mind, just in case, seeing as it looks like he'll be out of town in the time frame I'd like to have it done, of course... By chance you know what that'd run me? I couldn't help but notice he didn't have a price list or even his hourly rate listed anywhere that I could find. Appreciate the suggestion though, especially coming from you, he's gotta be damn good, LoL.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 10:16:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SouthTXGunner23:
I'll definitely keep him in mind, just in case, seeing as it looks like he'll be out of town in the time frame I'd like to have it done, of course... By chance you know what that'd run me? I couldn't help but notice he didn't have a price list or even his hourly rate listed anywhere that I could find. Appreciate the suggestion though, especially coming from you, he's gotta be damn good, LoL.
View Quote

Email him, he'll send you a current pricing sheet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top