Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2021 6:38:47 PM EDT
This guy did a nice video on a few different types of Grenade Launchers and covered some rounds you can use in them. I'm surprised he had access to a Milkor MGL. I know there's a sticky on this in the DD forum, but watching this video popped the question in my head..."what different 40mm launchers  (apart from 203s, M79s, and the ever rare HK69) are truly out there floating around in the market that can be potentially owned without getting into the "dealer only" realm?" What say you guys?  

You can own a Grenade Launcher (40mm, not a flare launcher)
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#1]
There has been a black Milkor available on gunbroker for almost a year now. Plus they sold off a handful of marine overruns or returns a year or two ago.

Colt xm148s pop up here and there, but not sure anyone shoots them.

China lake pump action launchers are out there as well. Practically all reproductions

I have a break action LMT, and there are some Penn arms break action launchers out there as well as rotary launchers.

The HK EGLs, M320s, and HK69s are all dealer samples as far as I know. B+T launchers are dealer samples as well, though I'd love to have  one. I think tommybuilt was going to make a m320 copy (in 37mm?) that may accept a 40mm barrel.

That's all I can think of as far as handheld launchers go. Scot Pace supposedly has a prototype that he was thinking of producing to sell.

I had the idea recently to buy a pallad kit and reweld it, but Bowman sold out of the kits. Shouldnt be had to put a 40x46mm barrel in it rather than the 40x47mm. Now that I say that, someone will beat me to it.

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Some M32 were sold a little while back.  I was tempted to get one, but honestly I didn't like the thing when I used it in the service.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 9:41:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There has been a black Milkor available on gunbroker for almost a year now. Plus they sold off a handful of marine overruns or returns a year or two ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Some M32 were sold a little while back.
Yep, $15k.
https://www.tactical-life.com/news/milkor-m32-grenade-launchers-40mm/

That wasn't even a Milkor in Garand Thumb's vid. It was a Penn Arms (now part of Combined Systems Inc. aka CTS) pump-action PG640.
https://www.combinedsystems.com/penn-arms-launchers-40mm-launchers/

Milkor-USA offers the MGL-LTL for about $5k and it's a less-beefy version of the M32.
https://www.milkorusa.com/product/mgl-ltl/

I'd guess a LE dealer let him use it for the video. The above 2 companies do not regularly offer their products to private citizens, but since they're manufactured domestically they can transfer like any other transferable DD. (Imported DDs are treated as post-68 dealer samples.)

I think Penn Arms reformed from Sentinel Arms and changed their sales policy to LE-only after ATF reclassified the Striker 12 shotgun (along with the Street Sweeper and USAS-12) as a DD in 1994.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:15:50 PM EDT
[#4]
He used both a penn arms pump and a milkor in the video.

Hurricane butterfly is the dealer/importer that provided most of the launchers and ammo.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:34:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Ah, got it. Thanks. I should've re-watched the whole thing.
Comes in at 7:42 https://youtu.be/zAAiFLr4y6w?t=462

That's an older Milkor MGL Mk I.

Hurricane butterfly is the dealer/importer that provided most of the launchers and ammo.
Nice.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 7:43:10 AM EDT
[#6]
There were some title 1 m320s sold without the barrel a while back. I really wish I nabbed one to use in a S&S holster for shits.
I believe there was a handful of the m69 sold as transferrable as well through the same process.
I wish botach would do the same with the berettas. Remove the barrels and call it a title 1 gun and sell it. theyd probably profit handsomely as well.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:06:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ah, got it. Thanks. I should've re-watched the whole thing.
Comes in at 7:42 https://youtu.be/zAAiFLr4y6w?t=462

That's an older Milkor MGL Mk I.

Nice.
View Quote

The older Milkor is what caught my eye the most...definitely made it to my bucket list to nab
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:09:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There were some title 1 m320s sold without the barrel a while back. I really wish I nabbed one to use in a S&S holster for shits.
I believe there was a handful of the m69 sold as transferrable as well through the same process.
I wish botach would do the same with the berettas. Remove the barrels and call it a title 1 gun and sell it. theyd probably profit handsomely as well.
View Quote

I hear you...my brother was trying to get one of those GLs for his ARX. I think it’s a sub section in the NFA that bars the availability of foreign made DD’s? Just like the rest of the NFA, sounds screwy
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:42:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I hear you...my brother was trying to get one of those GLs for his ARX. I think it’s a sub section in the NFA that bars the availability of foreign made DD’s? Just like the rest of the NFA, sounds screwy
View Quote

NFA items imported after the 1968 GCA are not transferable.  Not just DDs, but MGs, AOWs, suppressors, SBRs and SBSs.

There has been a lot of debate on whether or not you can form 1 a non-barreled receiver of an imported DD. Many people have told me no, but I have not tried it. And I remember seeing those m320 receivers now, forgot about those. Maybe they were US made Capco receivers?

But I would probably take an LMT shorty40 in a holster instead, or a B+T 40mm with folding stock.  I was handling some HK made m320s last week and forgot how heavy they are for their size. I still like them, but they aren't as good as they could be. The barrels are real thick, the trigger of course is double action, and the barrel release is awkward cuz they madebit ambi.

I love the m203 for its automatic extraction/ejection.  I wish other launchers would have shotgun style ejectors, though you'd probably need two for those cases. But generally the cases fall out of the m320s by having the barrel tipped up.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

NFA items imported after the 1968 GCA are not transferable.  Not just DDs, but MGs, AOWs, suppressors, SBRs and SBSs.

There has been a lot of debate on whether or not you can form 1 a non-barreled receiver of an imported DD. Many people have told me no, but I have not tried it. And I remember seeing those m320 receivers now, forgot about those. Maybe they were US made Capco receivers?

But I would probably take an LMT shorty40 in a holster instead, or a B+T 40mm with folding stock.  I was handling some HK made m320s last week and forgot how heavy they are for their size. I still like them, but they aren't as good as they could be. The barrels are real thick, the trigger of course is double action, and the barrel release is awkward cuz they madebit ambi.

I love the m203 for its automatic extraction/ejection.  I wish other launchers would have shotgun style ejectors, though you'd probably need two for those cases. But generally the cases fall out of the m320s by having the barrel tipped up.
View Quote

My understanding  was that the 320 was overbuilt to "future proof" it against the possibility of medium pressure ammunition being fielded, same as the FN EGLM.  I shot a lot of 40mm HE and pyro out of 320s and never had a case stick in them that took more than a flick of the wrist to clear from the chamber.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 6:17:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My understanding  was that the 320 was overbuilt to "future proof" it against the possibility of medium pressure ammunition being fielded, same as the FN EGLM.  I shot a lot of 40mm HE and pyro out of 320s and never had a case stick in them that took more than a flick of the wrist to clear from the chamber.
View Quote

I believe you, like I said, usually just tilting the barrel up has them fall right out. But I still like how the m203 extraction is essentially automatic.

I forgot about the possibility of the m320 being used with MV ammo. That makes sense. Hope we see some fielded more broadly. The hellhounds were pretty cool, I'm sure the MV version is pretty handy for longer distances
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top