Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2017 10:17:31 PM EDT
I have an original gsg5 that I form 1 into a SBR years ago. I've never shot it, I know lame. All the tutorial pics and links are mostly dead. I'd like to get a few spare parts so I can shoot it.

I did manage to brake my collapsible stock, appears a plastic tab broke off internally. Also my rear sight just isn't right. Where can I get replacements?

Also, what should I pick up to keep around?

Are the internals of the 522 different than the 5?
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a GSG later model and I avoid shooting it too much. I do have many other choices so its not so bad. But, for some reason I have always enjoyed this little firearm.
There are bits and pieces around but you have to look. As for the stock...good luck, that will be difficult. there are whole stocks out there but not cheap. Finding a piece for yours will be difficult as its likely its long out of production.

You can get a folding or extending stock still but I wouldn't want to guess how much longer. I missed a sell out deal on a nice folder a few years back as at the time I wasn't thinking about the rifle being dropped from production. Kicked myself a few times over that one.

Time moves on and tastes change. Its the way of life for people and firearms.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#2]
You can still find airsoft stocks around. Try ebay...
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I use a Choate folded on mine. I had to file the end cap rails smaller inside but it fits fine otherwise. You can use a real HK rear sight with a little filing to the attachment point on the GSG, it fits perfect though.

Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I still love the bt folder look from classic army

http://rrages.com/retract/folder/index.htm
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 3:29:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Just ordered a collapsible stock from Apex Gun Parts.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 2:32:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Let me know  how that GSG stock from Apex looks when you get it. I am interested in one if they are GTG.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use a Choate folded on mine. I had to file the end cap rails smaller inside but it fits fine otherwise. You can use a real HK rear sight with a little filing to the attachment point on the GSG, it fits perfect though.

https://s26.postimg.org/i9vxnmjkp/1505078818760-700022339.jpg
View Quote
What rail is that on there? I've been trying on/off for a year to find a different one than the stock one for mine but haven't found one that for sure will fit.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 7:37:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a original GSG-5 and a SD model. I wish I could find a pistol barrel for mine to finish my SBR. I've got a collapsible and folding stock for it and the 3 lug adapter with threads, but no barrel. I'll likely have it cut at some point. I did the screw upgrades as soon as I bought mine.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:17:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These ones on Apex are the Gen 2 ones from GSG we imported back in 2013 with the metal arms and lever system, aka the good ones.  We sold Apex the rest of our inventory a while back.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up!  That's the one I was looking for.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top