Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 4/9/2022 5:49:29 PM EDT
I’ve tried several types of bulk 22 and every about 6- 10 rounds I get a FTF.  Firing pin mark but no bang?

Any idea?  I’ve tried different mags and different lube
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Lights strikes?

The best solution I've found to date is to remove the following pin safety. It dramatically reduced the light strikes for mine.

I did that, polished up the contract surfaces of the bolt a little, and modified the firing pin to allow it to protrude more. (I think there instructions are in the pinned topics in this section)

The firing pin safety delete made the biggest difference. Also keep her spotless and you'll have less trouble.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lights strikes?

The best solution I've found to date is to remove the following pin safety. It dramatically reduced the light strikes for mine.

I did that, polished up the contract surfaces of the bolt a little, and modified the firing pin to allow it to protrude more. (I think there instructions are in the pinned topics in this section)

The firing pin safety delete made the biggest difference. Also keep her spotless and you'll have less trouble.
View Quote

I’m
Going to try it.  This is ridiculous!  Do you have a video or instructions you could recommend? I’ve never worked on this type of weapon.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Take a look here

I think, depending on model, there is actually a replacement firing pin out there.

I have one of the very very early ones when ATI started distributing them. I have had to replace the screw set, have the ejector fixed, do the firing pin mod, replace several springs, and I dont even remember what else.  I have waisted too much time on the damn thing and rarely shoot it anymore.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I’m
Going to try it.  This is ridiculous!  Do you have a video or instructions you could recommend? I’ve never worked on this type of weapon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lights strikes?

I’m

I used this video to remove mine. It is a little intimidating the first time or two you do it. Watch that you don't lose the bolt stop spring (in the left side of the receiver and not captured. It can fall out and is a bitch to find a replacement for) When you remove the bolt assembly, it will expose the spring. You can see it, if you're looking in the ejection port as you pull the bolt assembly out.

There's also good videos out there on general disassembly. I did try the firing pin mod first and had little luck with it. You might as well try it though and polish it up a little while you're in there.

GSG 522 WONT FIRE OR HAS A LIGHT PRIMER STRIKE
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 1:48:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I used this video to remove mine. It is a little intimidating the first time or two you do it. Watch that you don't lose the bolt stop spring (in the left side of the receiver and not captured. It can fall out and is a bitch to find a replacement for) When you remove the bolt assembly, it will expose the spring. You can see it, if you're looking in the ejection port as you pull the bolt assembly out.

There's also good videos out there on general disassembly. I did try the firing pin mod first and had little luck with it. You might as well try it though and polish it up a little while you're in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb16XhMCCOE
View Quote

Thanks for the video.  The bolt assembly looks a little tricky but I think I can figure it out.

Do you have to cut the metal like the guy did prior to the bolt project?

If I send it back to GSG do you think they could fix it?
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:27:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks for the video.  The bolt assembly looks a little tricky but I think I can figure it out.

Do you have to cut the metal like the guy did prior to the bolt project?

If I send it back to GSG do you think they could fix it?
View Quote

No, I'd leave the metal like it is, just in case you want to re-enable the FP safety.

Can't hurt to call GSG.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top