Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 9/13/2016 12:58:19 AM EDT
I was tired of waiting for ATI to import the spare barrel and non-existent adapter.  So, I had Morgan (eastTXhunter) with Dallas Shooting Supplies cut and thread my barrel.
Here's a link to his EE post Barrel threading

Morgan cut, crowned, and threaded the barrel at 8.25" with a M9 x .75 RH thread.  He duplicated the GSG 1911 barrel threading so I could use the SilencerCo threaded adapter.
During the initial mockup, my barrel became loose in the molded pot-metal barrel extension.  This happed while I was tightening the adapter to the muzzle.  What I needed was flats on the barrel for a wrench so I could torque the adapter down on the barrel without the barrel spinning.  I also drilled and pinned the barrel to the extension.  You can see the pin on the breech end of the picture below and the added flats.

My cocking tube need modification to clear the new barrel pin.

I now needed new flats on the SilencerCo adapter, since the old flats are now recessed into the Cocking Tube:

Here is the muzzle end in various stages:

And the assembled SBR:

I'm playing with the idea of buy a GSG-5P handguard and making a Form 1 can with a larger diameter.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:59:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice job!  Have you had a chance to shoot it in the new configuration?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes - Nice work.

Pinning the barrel - Great idea!

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a family vacation last week, so I haven't been to the range yet.  It's on the list of things to test on the next trip.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Just buy an Airsoft MP5SD and use the airsoft "can" as a shell for what you already have there...
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top