Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 1/10/2022 7:15:53 PM EDT
Visited an old neighbor of mine the other night whose a huge gun guy. While talking he starts showing me some of the stuff he’s looking to sell here soon to finance some other stuff. Mainly Combloc pistols (had a seeet CZ82) but for what he’s asking I can’t afford currently. Then broke out a GSG 522 pistol variant that he’s listing cause he’s just bought Turkish mp5 9mm variant.

Was going to pass but then said I could get it for $200 and it would come with x2 mags and a folding stick for if I decide to ever want to tax stamp it (he bought it for that intention but never did)
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#1]
So did you get it?
Was it the newer "lightweight" plastic receiver or the older style?
Either way its a decent price
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So did you get it?
Was it the newer "lightweight" plastic receiver or the older style?
Either way its a decent price
View Quote

I honestly don’t know, I didn’t have all the cash on me at the moment cause it was unexpected. He’s letting me pay it off as I get the funds
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Got some pictures of it this morning, he’s got the handguard off cause he’s using it on his new one until the replacement he ordered comes in

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#4]
For $200, I'd already have it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone recommend a good brace set up
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice! Looks to be an earlier version. I believe the last ones produced were the "lightweight" model with a plastic receiver and pic rail. Regardless of Gen, it's an awesome buy. Worth $200 in parts alone.

I personally prefer the tail hook on my pcc's, not sure if ones available for the 522 or not. I'm sure one could be made to fit.

An easy (cheaper?) option is to but a magpul 3 slot picatinny rail section and mount it to the end cap. Where the sling mount is. You'll be able to use most braces that mount via 1913 pic rail.
Sig Sauer 1913 brace

There are some airsoft stock sections that will fit the gsg but I don't recall the specific manufacturers off hand.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#7]
@asylum9

Do you know anyone who does this mod?
I wouldn’t feel comfortable trying
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Not off hand. I'm sure there's someone in the EE section that could help.
Really all that's needed is the 1913 rail section align that in the center of the end cap, Mark the location of the 2 holes in the rail on the cap then drill those 2 holes.
The mounting bolts that come with the rail section probably won't be long enough so you'll have to take those to the hardware store (I don't remember the size off hand) and get 2 that are slightly longer alone with 2 nuts and lock washers. Then mount the rail section to the end cap.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:55:02 PM EDT
[#9]
OP

If you end up getting it, make sure to install a silicone O-ring in front of the charging handle.
Prevent the charging handle breaking off if you let it fly forward.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:19:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Picked it up the other day

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Lucky bastard. I wish i got the pistol version. I have the SD rifle. I couldnt buy a pistol yet back when i bought this thing. But the pistol version would have made it easier to suppress like i wanted. I even have the tri-lug/ 1/2-28 adapter. I hope it brings you many years of enjoyment.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top