Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 8/11/2018 6:57:33 PM EDT
I have a 2008 gen 1 without a riveted ejector that was nonfunctional to say the least. Years of frustration and many mods and hours trying to get it to run just 1 mag without light strike or FTE. I followed a lot of the advice I found here and did the hammer strut and firing pin mods. Completely fixed the light strikes. I removed the magazine safety, made it much less annoying to work on. But the FTE was still one in 3 shots. By the time I got around to having ATI rivet my ejector in they were going to charge me for it and it seemed not to make much sense because the ejector was held in place by the bolt housing anyway, and mine didn’t shake or wiggle at all. What I did do was move the ejector forward 1 notch and it now eats any and every ammo I can feed it without a hiccup from 1060 FPS cci standard to federal bulk to cci minimags. So if you have one without a riveted ejector and your ready to throw it ceremoniously into a lake, give that a try.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:43:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 9:05:49 PM EDT
[#2]
When I called I was quoted a price to have the work done. Unfortunately I don’t remember who I spoke to. The woman I usually speak to is Jenny but she was unavailable that day.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 1:00:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not exactly sure who you spoke to, but the riveting of the ejector upgrade supersedes any old expired warranties and is done at no charge without question.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
By the time I got around to having ATI rivet my ejector in they were going to charge me for it
Not exactly sure who you spoke to, but the riveting of the ejector upgrade supersedes any old expired warranties and is done at no charge without question.
A few months ago I learned about the extractor issue and got in contact with ATI.

I cannot remember the price they quoted to have it fixed, but based on what I was told, I decided not to have to work done. I tried staking the extractor instead. It ran well for a few mags but seems to be getting loose again.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top