Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2018 8:45:25 PM EDT
I took my new GM-22 out to the range for the first time. I was shooting it on an S&W 15-22 and the point of impact was 12in higher then the rifle with out the suppressor. No end cap or baffle strikes. Is this normal how do adjust for it?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 9:54:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you using a spacer with the M&P15-22?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 10:09:08 PM EDT
[#2]
No the suppressor mount flush to the shoulder of the barrel. No contact with the muzzle end to the baffle of the suppressor.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#5]
@PHD @Techstaff I’m going to another gunsmith this evening to have him take a look at the threading. If that’s all it is I can have him email fix it(Atwell Tactical). He builds suppressors and does barrel threading. If that checks out I will contact y’all regarding the suppressor and send what I need to up there to y’all. I really do appreciate your response.

The distance I was shooting from was about 20yds. That’s how I knew something is off. From what I can tell there is a flush fit along the shoulder. I used a Dawson cleaning rod to kind of see if it was centered in the bore line and it was off a bit, but I know there may be some flex to it and not completely accurate as a Geissele rod. I’ll update this after I find out what’s wrong tonight.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 4:16:36 PM EDT
[#6]
After the visit with the gunsmith we came to the conclusion that the barrel had issue with threading. He tried different suppressor on the barrel and the alignment rod was off center in the same place as with the Gemtech. Then he tried the Gemtech on another gun with known good threads and the alignment rod was centered. He is going to fix my threading and shoulder on the barrel so then re-check with the alignment rod to insure that everything is good to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top