Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2020 1:17:45 PM EDT
So I'm in the process of getting my paperwork for my first order through the CMP for a service grade garand. I signed up for the GCA as part of the requirement for the Club association. Do I need to wait for the GCA to send me a membership number or since they "forward to the CMP" will they be able to pull me up there with my name?

I'd like to get this in the mail and get the wait started with the CMP and not have to wait for the GCA to ship me all of the membership stuff.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:36:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am not sure how long it takes them to send the information to the CMP. I would imagine they send it to the CMP fairly quickly. Try calling them at 1-816-471-2005
View Quote

I'll give them a call thanks!
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Years ago, it was quick enough that my mail in order had no issues.

Now for the wait!
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Good to know.

I'm going to get my form notarized today at the bank and i'll mail it Monday.

So for the part on form 3A where it says Club/State association, I imagine that is where I would put GCA?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in the same boat, but just took a chance and went ahead and mailed in my forms (1A, 2A, 3A). Don't forget to get 2A notarized.

I already sent the CMP an email with other credentials to satisfy their 'eligibility requirements', hopefully that will suffice: Birth cert, Drivers License, CCW, DD-214, yes I'm overdoing it, but I just wanna be certain...
--Along with the GCA that should send the CMP my info as well... I figure, worst case scenario, they will have some of the info they need... Then when I get more later, I can mail or preferably email the rest to them later.

As far as I have read, the only things they want mailed. Is the order-form stuff. They do provide an email for you to submit all other documents...

Anyway, I don't mind the wait. Just hoping everything is right and they get what info they need...
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 6:59:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good to know.

I'm going to get my form notarized today at the bank and i'll mail it Monday.

So for the part on form 3A where it says Club/State association, I imagine that is where I would put GCA?
View Quote

That's all I did, just mailed it today actually.

I don't have anything yet from the GCA, other than a confirmation email. No idea when they will mail stuff out, would be nice just to get an email with some membership info/#... They should send my membership info to the CMP...
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's all I did, just mailed it today actually.

I don't have anything yet from the GCA, other than a confirmation email. No idea when they will mail stuff out, would be nice just to get an email with some membership info/#... They should send my membership info to the CMP...
View Quote

Sounds like they request the other docs (citizenship, residency, etc) through email? I was going to scan them and send them in the packet but it that’s not required, I’d prefer to not send them in the mail.

Link Posted: 1/1/2021 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe they do?

I can't find it now, but I read somewhere either on their main site, or the 'estore' site that you can just email all the docs they need for eligibility. Here's their email: [email protected]

The only thing they do not accept via email/fax, is the 1/2/3A forms, they want 'original wet signature' documents (not copies). Which the 2A/notarized one, is good for up to 3 years (assuming you don't move/etc).

Then again, maybe I missed something. It might be a good idea to include everything in one nice envelope for them... I didn't because I'm still waiting for the GCA info, but, they do list the GCA on the cmp website as an affiliate. So hopefully I got all my i's dotted and t's crossed for them to be satisfied...

Link Posted: 1/3/2021 8:23:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sounds like they request the other docs (citizenship, residency, etc) through email? I was going to scan them and send them in the packet but it that’s not required, I’d prefer to not send them in the mail.

View Quote

ASFAIK you need to include photocopies of the docs with the packet, I don't think there is a email option.  My strong advise would be to send it Fedex or UPS, unless you want the USPS to take 3 weeks for "priority" delivery.

I just did my first CMP order.  They got my packet 10/1/20, and I got my M1 service grade a few days before Christmas so be ready to wait.

I just included a copy of my receipt for the GCA in the packet and it worked fine.  GCA took i think 3 weeks to send out the card.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

ASFAIK you need to include photocopies of the docs with the packet, I don't think there is a email option.  My strong advise would be to send it Fedex or UPS, unless you want the USPS to take 3 weeks for "priority" delivery.

I just did my first CMP order.  They got my packet 10/1/20, and I got my M1 service grade a few days before Christmas so be ready to wait.

I just included a copy of my receipt for the GCA in the packet and it worked fine.  GCA took i think 3 weeks to send out the card.
View Quote

I emailed their customer service just to be sure.

CMP FAQ Page

This link does mention at the bottom emailing docs to get "preapproved" or to have the documents available for CMP for future purchases. So it sounds like they have accepted docs via email before.

You can fax or email documentation to us ahead of time if you want to purchase items through our eStore or if you want to get an account set up in anticipation of making a purchase at one of our stores.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top