Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2018 1:44:13 PM EDT
So originally I tried hsgi tacos and I hated them. The mags would come out while my belt was bouncing around in the back seat on the way to the range.  I love them for rifle mags. I can’t underst the start difference in performance.

Now I have esstac pouches. I heated up the inserts to make it more secure but someone from esstac told me that basically they are made for Glock mags.

So I’m wondering how the g code pistol mags perform. I want good retention and be able to insert them back in fairly easily.

What day you guys?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be honest I went with g-code soft shell scorpions over tacos because of price.

Having said that I've never had a mag come out on accident
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:52:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never had a problem with the Scorpions I have. That being said, I'm ditching mine in favor of the Esstac. The taco style pouch is just a pain in the ass (to me) when stuffing a mag back in it. I'd rather have a rigid kydex pouch.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I have both types of pouches and they are both pretty great for what they do. The major difference is the feel of drawing the magazine. The esstac has a distinct clear point where it pops a little then the mag is quickly released. With the scorpions it’s more of a consistent gripping tension until you get the mag out of the midpoint.

The scorpions are height adjustable by switching the clips. Esstac come in different heights.. I like running 20s on my belt and they don’t work with the scorpions.

Esstac can use standard molle with just malice clips or the molded belt loops which are actually awesome for their simplicity.

The esstac have the camo outer which is better for those of us who need them to match our work gear for military.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top