Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2020 9:27:25 PM EDT
I've had a Spikes Havoc for ages.    Silencer Shop starting back their eForm1 stuff recently prompted me to do a F1.    It's been sitting in the back of the safe for most of a decade.   Now I'm looking at doing some loading for it.   One of the things I need to pickup is some fuse.    I don't want to skimp on it, but I don't want to pay a fortune either.  Is Visco the gold standard in fuse?  What's the typical burn rate for fusing projectiles?   I've got Grog's basic CD from back when I bought my launcher but if that fuse info is there I'm missing it.

I guess I've got another question while I'm at it.   Some of the stuff I've seen says to use clay for a spacer between the bottom of the projectile and the bursting charge which makes sense.    I've been reading/seeing some stuff that says to use epoxy, but cover the fuse w/ tape so the epoxy doesn't kill it.    Everything I'm seeing online recently is using hot glue instead.    Is one of these better than the others, or enough so you need to use it?  Are any of them dangerous and shouldn't be used?
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Gorilla glue and or plastic poured resin will not kill coated visco fuse. Personally, I either use poured projectiles, or if using a base tube style projectile, I use drilled plywood and gorilla glue as a base. Use good plywood if you make those, drill your fuse hole so the fuse fits tight, and coat the fuse with gorilla glue before putting it in the hole. Try to get good coverage on your fuse. Leave 1" that will go in the tube to ignite your smoke, and you can coat that with prime if you desire. Leave 1/8" sticking out the bottom cut at 45 degree angle. You can also split it and use a piece of black match if desired. There are photos of these on your reloading disc. Scot at Reloadable shells sells machined plastic projectiles too. GROG
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gorilla glue and or plastic poured resin will not kill coated visco fuse. Personally, I either use poured projectiles, or if using a base tube style projectile, I use drilled plywood and gorilla glue as a base. Use good plywood if you make those, drill your fuse hole so the fuse fits tight, and coat the fuse with gorilla glue before putting it in the hole. Try to get good coverage on your fuse. Leave 1" that will go in the tube to ignite your smoke, and you can coat that with prime if you desire. Leave 1/8" sticking out the bottom cut at 45 degree angle. You can also split it and use a piece of black match if desired. There are photos of these on your reloading disc. Scot at Reloadable shells sells machined plastic projectiles too. GROG
View Quote

Thanks.   What about speed of fuse?   It appears w/ the length of fuses and time it needs to burn something in the 24 - 30s / ft would be appropriate but I don't know and wrong could be bad.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:45:53 PM EDT
[#3]
American coated visco is 30s a foot. The only visco I would not use is quick fuse. Best to test a section of what you have to determine speed, if you are concerned about it. GROG
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 9:19:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
American coated visco is 30s a foot. The only visco I would not use is quick fuse. Best to test a section of what you have to determine speed, if you are concerned about it. GROG
View Quote

Thanks.  I need to order some fuse and didn't want to get the wrong thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top