Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2018 10:11:28 PM EDT
There will be a 2 day Appleseed event at Memphis Sport Shooting Assoc in Memphis (Lakeland) next month on Sept 8-9. This promises to be a great event. There are only 6 slots left at this time. In case you don't know Appleseed is a marksmanship clinic that will really improve your shooting no matter what your skill level. It is also perfect for new shooters to get them grounded and safe.
Appleseed incorporates the history of April 19, 1775, the day the Revolutionary War actually kicked off into the weekend as well. It is a great story and something we all need to be reminded of.

Most people use a 22 rifle, usually a 10-22, to save money on ammo, but many use an AR platform rifle. This is a 25 meter event and will be shot on reduced silhouettes duplicating 100, 200, 300, and 400 yards. Don't let the 25 meter distance fool you. It is a challenging course involving shooting from standing, sitting, and prone on multiple targets with reloads. It can be humbling. Any rifle can be used though, scope or iron sights. It is a great time as well.

Some loaner rifles are available. Some are already spoken for, but no problem if you want to give it a try without having to buy or borrow a rifle. This is the first Appleseed in Memphis and the venue is a great one. Very nice location.

Don't hesitate to contact me for additional info or a loaner rifle. If you have tweens or teens it is a really fun family thing to do and wives and GFs like it too. If you want to get someone started in shooting and having fun Appleseed is what you need.

Here is a link to sign up. The location is technically Lakeland but is off exit 20 (Canada Rd) so still in Shelby County. All you Memphis guys who have been thinking about going, here it is.

Memphis (Lakeland) Appleseed

Appleseed Home
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 5:09:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool!  I'm an RSO at Stones River so I'll make sure I'm working one of those days.  Should be fun.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cool!  I'm an RSO at Stones River so I'll make sure I'm working one of those days.  Should be fun.
View Quote
Take the day off RSOing and join us for the weekend. I can put you on a fine shooting rifle if you don’t have one ready to go.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, I didn't see your post until today.

I'm scheduled to RSO on Sunday so I'll be around the range somewhere.  The event looks like it will be a lot of fun, and I think it's great that the organizers are doing this.  The more people who understand that firearms are for more than just killing people the better it will be for everyone.  They aren't inherently evil, evil comes from the mind of the person behind the firearm.

Hope to see you there.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sorry, I didn't see your post until today.

I'm scheduled to RSO on Sunday so I'll be around the range somewhere.  The event looks like it will be a lot of fun, and I think it's great that the organizers are doing this.  The more people who understand that firearms are for more than just killing people the better it will be for everyone.  They aren't inherently evil, evil comes from the mind of the person behind the firearm.

Hope to see you there.
View Quote
I bet I saw you getting out of a blue mustang with a Gadsden tag
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Saw this too late. How was the turn out? When is the next one? I have a teenager this would be perfect for. We are up in Clarksville.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Saw this too late. How was the turn out? When is the next one? I have a teenager this would be perfect for. We are up in Clarksville.
View Quote
It was a great event! Good turnout and a lot of good shooting. There isn’t another event at Antioch on the calendar for this season. Still events planned in Manchester and Memphis this year.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks I’ll check that out!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top