Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2019 12:04:49 AM EDT
I’ve recently acquired a full powered fde atpial and I’m very satisfied. The biggest difference is in the illuminator (naturally) and I get a ton of use out of it compared to my old dbal i2. My question is, I can’t stop jonesing for a fde MAWL. Would it be crazy to sell the full powered unit for a lower powered MAWL for more money? I realize warranty is a big deal, and that’s attractive, but for anyone who has used both; what’s the real world difference in output between the two? I’ve never laid hands on a mawl so I’m not sure the quality compared to the atpial, but I’m assuming it’s similar due to the fanfare behind the mawl, given the price point. Help me decide. Thanks...
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 12:10:28 AM EDT
[#1]
The main pros I hear of the MAWL over a PEQ-15 is ergonomics.  For the price tag, id just stick with what you have. Unless you got money to blow, then I would do the ARFCOM way and get both.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 1:01:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The main pros I hear of the MAWL over a PEQ-15 is ergonomics.  For the price tag, id just stick with what you have. Unless you got money to blow, then I would do the ARFCOM way and get both.
View Quote
Don’t forget you also get warranty with the MAWL..

No warranty for privately owned full powered LAMs.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 1:34:05 AM EDT
[#3]
MAWL C1+ Illuminator is clean, on the fly selection of wide, medium, and narrow beam patterns.

PEQ15 Death Star 45mw IR laser, lighter weight, able to narrower/tighten illuminator beam to a Death Star planet obliterator also and combat proven durability.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 2:22:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Only true for eBay units. You can acquire units through legal channels that aren't stolen gov property. Those same units can be warrantied.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 2:50:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Only true for eBay units. You can acquire units through legal channels that aren't stolen gov property. Those same units can be warrantied.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do you mean if you’re a LEO and you’re allowed to have it they will warranty it?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#7]
This topic has been covered ever since the MAWL-C came out and many of those including RustedAce that have real world experience with various "full power" lasers and the MAWL-C have said they preferred the MAWL-C. They have said it does everything a regular person will need but better and faster.

jwramp who is a very cool and knowledgeable member here took some pictures of the MAWL-C's in its three different modes with a special camera setup. While the distance he is conducting the experiment at is not that far it gives a good understanding of how the illuminator works. You can really see the difference between the three modes.

http://www.jwramp.com/news/mawl-c1-in-infrared
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck, unless you’re the agency that purchased the item.

Most LAMs only have 1 year warranties anyways. So I guess if you can find the company to fix it and they don’t think to check the warranty date or whether or not you should own it (and I think it’s a stupid rule) then you’re correct. It could be warrantied.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top